Liberty Eiscafe and Bistro

Vegan ice cream parlor also offering a small selection cakes and food like sandwiches, hot dog, breakfast, as well as fruit smoothies and beverages. Closes January and February months. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Western, German
Fischmarkt 11
Hamburg, Germany 22676
n/a

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by MaurycyBrowar
danveg
danveg

I would go back

Posted on 10 / 15 / 2015

In Liberty, you are really spoilt for choice. The sundaes are great, tasty and big. The location is nice, and the staff is friendly.

Cons: Not everything is organic.
Aussiefan
Aussiefan

The best vegan location in Hamburg

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2015

I love this place. It's a great Location, very near to the Harbour.To my opinion they have the best ice cream in town. Have been there several times and also enjoyed the self-made cakes and the delicious hot-Dogs and Cappuccino!

Pros: Lovely interior,, very friendly staff,, all dishes and drinks are vegan
rogaux
rogaux

I scream, and you scream, and we scream...

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2015

... for ice cream.! What a great place to be. I could not decide which flavor of deliciously looking ice cream to choose. The cakes taste great as well, and the cafe latte is the real thing.
I stayed in Hamburg for four days and found myself relaxing and enjoying the view from just outside"liberty" three times.
Any city should have a place like this. Great.

Pros: great variety of ice cream , high quality coffee self made cakes

GlitteryCthulhu
GlitteryCthulhu

Amazing Icecream!

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2015

The location of the cafe is incredibly pretty, albeit a tad inaccessible for disabled people (Especially ones in wheelchairs, felt the need to add this.) as its very close to the harbour!

I had icecream and a hot dog, and I've never, ever eaten a vegan hot dog this good. Even my meat-eating mom loved it! Really yummy pickles, the 'dog' was tender and delicious. The bun fell apart a tad but that might've just been because of me.

The ice cream was..Heaven. I'm a vegetarian but I also don't consume dairy, as I never really fancied it and recently became lactose intolerant, so finding ice cream is a hard one for me, because often non-veg ice cream parlors forget to wash the ice cream scoop inbetween scoops..
I had a scoop each of oreo and matcha ice cream, and they were both amazing, and they also give you huuuge scoops which to me, definitely justifies the slightly higher than normal price. Creamy, tasted amazing, and even the ice cream cone was incredibly good. They also say on the little ice cream picks that tell you what flavor it is what non-dairy milk they use (Oat or soy milk!) which is great for people with a soy allergy!
The people there are also super, super nice. The actual place is a bit small and very cute, but it could get crowded really quickly so I'd eat outside if you don't like crowded places.

They also have cakes, milkshakes and sandwiches which I'm definitely all trying the next time I go back!

Pros: Great, friendly service, Allergy-friendly, Amazing food, and a good value
Cons: Location a bit inaccessible , Might seem a bit pricey for ice cream, Bit small, could get crowded quickly
gregorbttp
gregorbttp

Perfection

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2015

The very best place of its kind. As it's located at a nice square close to the harbour, outdoor seating should be your first choice. If all seats happen to be taken, don't worry: the inside is just as comfy and cosy. The menu contains all a vegan's heart demands: sandwiches, hot dogs, smoothies, ice cream, cake and more. Prices are always fair and favourable, staff is friendly and nice. Highly recommend going there!
Note: closed in winter.

Pros: Excellent location, Friendly staff, Nice menu
WildOne
WildOne

Wonderful ice cream

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2015

What an awesome place - I'm wondering why I haven't gone there before during my numerous stays in Hamburg!

I had the "Schlemmertüte" with three different ice cream flavors (peanut-caramel, chocolate, cherry "yogurt"), whipped cream, chocolate sauce and sprinkles, and everything, from each flavor to the whipped cream, was delicious. Staff was very nice as well, and they had several magazines by the tables so I could enjoy my ice cream and cappuccino while reading.

Highly recommended, I'll definitely go again as soon as I get the chance.

Pros: delicious ice cream, nice staff, interesting magazines to read
Plantpower
Plantpower

Great coffee & cakes

Posted on 10 / 31 / 2014

I had a slice of raw chocolate cake and a latte with oat milk which was both delicious and very well done. Highly recommend!

Unfortunately they're now closed during the winter months.

Pros: yummy, raw cakes, oat milk
veganiner
veganiner

YUMMY lemon tart & ice cream!

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2014

Absolutely enjoyed the interior and kindness/service!
I had vanilla and matcha ice cream --> so good!
The lemon tart is my favorite and I will come back, that's for sure.
I gave them advice to use almond/rice mylk for cappuccino & other frothy drinks to get a better mylkfroth-effect and they were so happy about it. Very friendly!

I love the spot in general, at the Fischmarkt, such a sweet atmosphere - I could sit there for hours! :)

Keep it up, Liberty, you guys rock!

Updated from previous review on Monday September 08, 2014

Pros: kindness/service, taste (so good!), interior
SimonGruber
SimonGruber

great cakes and ice-cream

Posted on 09 / 02 / 2014

we can absolutely recommend this small bistro/cafe. all dishes and drinks a vegan! They sell excellent ice-cream, cakes and small snacks like sandwiches or vegan hot dogs! Thumbs up guys!

Pros: cakes, ice-cream
AgaTrzak
AgaTrzak

Best Place Ever

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2014

This is our favourite vegan food place ever.
Not only did they promote abolition and liberation but also did they serve the best ice cream you could find anywhere. The latte was probably one of the best I've had as well. There are many flavours of ice cream and the whipped cream on top was really good (didn't taste cheap like the one's from the can).
They also have a selection of cakes and the staff is very nice!

Pros: Excellent food and drink, Great atmosphere, Great location
ariel444
ariel444

Cosy place, fantastic cakes

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2014

the best vegan ice-creams and cakes I'd ever eaten, I recommend the zitronentarte and the kasetorte in particular... not too expensive, less than other vegan places in hamburg, high quality, good service
You have to go there if you are in Hamburg

SimoneHH
SimoneHH

will come here again

Posted on 05 / 31 / 2014

very nice, good food & relaxed people

darkrabbit
darkrabbit

Best Icecreme And Cake

Posted on 03 / 30 / 2014

Small place but best for icecreme and cakes. Vegan breakfast available on Saturday and Sunday.

Pros: Friendly Stuff, Great Icecreme
Cons: No Sun At Outdoor Seating
HolgerRaulfs
HolgerRaulfs

Great location - Awesome ice cream

Posted on 03 / 18 / 2014

Very interesting place, great ice cream. Friendly service. The whipped cream is a must! I will be back. :)

Pros: great ice cream, cake and coffee, friendly service
elrujo
elrujo

AMAZING ICE CREAM

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2014

if u really want to eat some great vegan ice cream u gotta c this one for sure

try the hazelnut version and the stracciatella

just great

Pros: very tasty , great design
Cons: small variety
NIlsI
NIlsI

I´m looking forward to the ice cream

Posted on 01 / 08 / 2014

I didn´t eat the ice cream but the Hot Dog and Sandwiches are delicious. They are small and more like a snack but a real good snack and cheap. I want to go there again to try more.

Pros: vegan, another part of hamburg, friendly staff
Cons: not the best atmosphere
CarmenS
CarmenS

Cosy Place with delicious food

Posted on 01 / 01 / 2014

We went there last Sunday for breakfast (5.90€). The place is tiny with 13 seats. We stayed about 3 hours, with having breakfast and an ice cream at the end. Super delicious, very friendly staff. It is clever to reserve a table on Sundays due to the Fishmarket near by. It was very busy while we stayed. But the best place to eat 100% vegan and enjoy your time.

Pros: Choice of food, Ice Cream, friendliness
TheBierschorle
TheBierschorle

Best Vegan Icecream

Posted on 12 / 01 / 2013

During my stay in Hamburg I went there every single day.
Beside this awesome, tasty and delicious Ice creeam (which tasted even better than normal ice cream! plus, they had a nice variety of different types like white chocolate, marzipan-poppy etc..),
they serve really good sandwiches and hotdogs and cakes.
On sunday you can get an huge vegan breakfast for very little money.
Seriously, I love this place!
The owner and staff is friendly and warm and always open for a chat. It's cosy inside and the location is also nice, easy to get there.

Pros: vegan Ice cream , huge breakfast, lots of great food for very little money
AudreyB
AudreyB

Best vegan ice cream in town

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2013

They offer a great and inexpensive vegan breakfast, many types of ice cream that change depending on the season and DELICIOUS Sandwiches.
Total must see when you are in Hamburg!

Pros: great ice cream, great sandwiches, low prices
MaurycyBrowar
MaurycyBrowar

What a wonderful food ^^

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2013

Every sunday they re serving a delicious breakfast. The interior is quite unique for Hamburg and reminds me of typical cafés that i know from Berlin.
Beside that they offer a big variety of homemade ice-cream- even in the winter season they re having cinnamon-apple etc.

Pros: breakfast, ice-cream, sandwiches
Cons: breakfast only on sunday

Dear Owner and Manager of Liberty Eiscafe and Bistro: