CLOSED: Lettuce Eat Healthy...

Vegan food cart offering fast food: vegan hot dogs, vegan philly cheesesteak, chips, and soda. Also serves Frubob, a 100% natural fruit float of 4 flavors (orange, pineapple, mango, peach). See website for other locations & times. SHUT DOWN/CLOSED NOV 2012. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out only
103 2nd Ave N (1st St NE)
St Petersburg, Florida 33701
727-639-0071

Call for hours - tell us

• Cash only

First Review by tylerpitchford
EMcAuley03
EMcAuley03

philly cheese steak

Posted on 11 / 22 / 2011

I definitely recommend the Philly Cheese steak! AMAZING! Even my meat eating friends loved it! Yum yum!

Pros: delicious, inexpensive, healthy
Cons: have to find the cart, not always easy to do!
Moon Panther
Moon Panther

Little Veggie Hotdogs of Love

Posted on 10 / 27 / 2011

Good service at the cart. They have the world's *BEST* veggie dogs; period. Good prices. :0)

Pros: Yummy Veggie Dogs, Good Pricing, Friendly Service
Cons: Not enough locations
Nicki
Nicki

So good!

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2011

I've had delicious philly cheesesteaks from here - and nothing else! The cheesesteaks are so good that I can never bring myself to order anything else. But I'm sure everything is great. And Jim (the proprietor) is such a nice guy.

Pros: Convenient, Friendly service, Affordable

mattsaavedra
mattsaavedra

An island of veggie food in a sea of meateaters

Posted on 04 / 28 / 2011

This hot dog cart was a welcome veggie spot in the larger St Pete area. St Pete seems to have very few vegetarian restaurants and we were happy to find this on a recent vacation in the area. I had a veggie hotdog and my wife had a ham and cheese hoagie. Both were excellent and I probably could have eaten two of everything since it was so yummy. If you are seeking refuge from all the seafood and meat stuff in the area check this place out during lunch time. Maybe when we visit the area again this cart will turn in to a full restaurant!

Pros: Cheap , Yummy
Cons: Only a lunch place
Butterscotchhair
Butterscotchhair

Great food!

Posted on 04 / 23 / 2011

We tried this place because they had the cart at the Talking Animals Fest 2011(Tampa). I had the vegan philly cheese steak and my husband had one of the vegan hot dogs. The quality was great and the nicest thing was it was affordable! (I think it was $6 for the both of us) It was a nice change to not have to drop twice as much money on our food just because it was vegan. :o)

Pros: Tasty Convenience Food, Great prices, Big portions
Jessica3932
Jessica3932

Very hearty

Posted on 04 / 15 / 2011

A little hard to find, but most definitely worth the hunt. You can go and get a delicious vegan philly cheese steak. I can't wait to go back and try everything else at lettuce eat healthy. It is hard to find hearty vegan food that is this good.If you eat one of these philly cheese steaks you will be full for the rest of the day :) The price is very good too. You can tell this cart is ran by a guy that absolutely believes in delicious vegan food. And has anybody ever heard of vegan fast food? I highly recommend this place to everybody

Pros: good price, good food, fast food
Desiree Ugosmith
Desiree Ugosmith

Health and Conscious

Posted on 04 / 04 / 2011

How awesome to have an option for health-conscious vegetarians and vegans... right in downtown St. Petersburg! We stop here for lunch at least twice a week, and have introduced many of our non-vegetarian friends to this cool cart. Jim is extremely nice and has to combat "the man" trying to say he can't sell more than hot dogs because of regulations... it's not real meat, so there's no danger at all! Long live the veggie cart!

Desiree' and Badda

Pros: Delicious, Affordable, Quick & Convenient
Guest
Guest

Awesome!!!

Posted on 03 / 18 / 2011

First of all, I am grateful that someone would be brave enough to start a vegan hot dog cart. Kudos here! This is like a dream come true. I'm a native New Yorker, grabbing a dog on the street was dashed when I became vegetarian. Now I can enjoy that experience here in St. Pete with all vegan options. You can get all the toppings you want for just $2 on a regular size dog. They also carry the best coconut water ever. Can't wait to try the vegan Italian sausage and Philly cheesesteak. Keep up the good work!

Pros: All vegan, Coconut water is the best
Cons: Wish there were more of these carts!
Elaine Ranieri
Elaine Ranieri

Absolutely Fabulous!

Posted on 03 / 17 / 2011

A vegan hot dog stand right here in downtown St. Pete! WOW! I haven't had everything (yet) that Jim cooks up - just the Philly Cheese Steak Hoagie. It is so yummy I just want more of the same. But I have been to Lettuce Eat Healthy with at least 10 other friends. Between us, we have tried it all - and it is all fabulous! Thanks Jim!
Updated from previous review on Wednesday March 16, 2011

Pros: vegan and delicious, good price, friendly, positive service
Marcussan
Marcussan

Can it really be?

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2011

St. Petersburg actually has of vegan hotdog cart! I've tried almost everything they have and it's all fantastic. The owner Jim is a real nice guy too, he does a great job. He is making vegan corned beef and cabbage for St. Patty's day. You better check it out!

Pros: Excellent taste, Great value, Fast service
Cons: Need more locations
shernie45
shernie45

Yay! Vegan food in St. Pete!

Posted on 03 / 15 / 2011

I was soo very happily surprised to find this cart outside of the Witch & the Ale. Tasty, friendly, and vegan! Perfection.

Mark Yerrington
Mark Yerrington

Need a quick compassionate bite?

Posted on 03 / 15 / 2011

Jim is a friendly face selling quick, friendly food. The cheesesteak is incredible - every bit as good as its vegan counterpart in Philly, and very reasonably priced. The world needs more places like this. Do not miss it if you're in the area!

Pros: fast, friendly, cheap
lumination
lumination
  • non-vegetarian

Worth It!

Posted on 03 / 12 / 2011

I'm not a vegetarian, and neither is my coworker who told me to give this guy a shot. I'm so happy I did! I am an employee at a close-by company and have made it my goal to try everything I can that's near work. I never thought I would go for vegetarian!

At first, the thought of a vegetarian italian sausage hoagie or a vegetarian philly cheesesteak sounded eerily strange to me (maybe not to you guys), but I'm always one to try the strange stuff! I was expecting something tasteless, and FAR different from what I got! If you're looking for a good, fast meal served by a friendly guy, without annoying wait times, this is your place!

Pros: Friendly, Hassle-Free, Great Quality
Cons: Cash Only (No big deal)
sos
sos

Delicious!

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2011

Great addition to the downtown area! The vegan sandwiches and dogs are very tasty and reasonably priced. I will definitely eat here again next time I'm in St. Petersburg.

Pros: Vegan, Friendly Staff, Good Prices
Cons: Small sign - difficult to find
turtlebry
turtlebry

fast, yummy, dawgz!

Posted on 03 / 09 / 2011

I was so happy to find this vegan hot dog cart downtown. It's hard to find good veggie protein sources on the go, and this fits in perfectly with my busy lifestyle. Just grab & go, and I can get on with my day. I love tofurkey sausages anyway, and he serves em up with onions & mustard on a bun.... its all good. It was great to have coming back from the gym!

Pros: fast, good value, good protien... satisfying
Cons: close parking can be scarce if you're driving, its a hot dog cart: at weathers mercy
lawlercon
lawlercon

AWESOME

Posted on 02 / 16 / 2011

the best thing to happen to downtown st. pete! it's very hard to find vegan food around here and i was extremely excited when i spotted a VEGAN HOT DOG CART! the philly cheese steaks are to DIE for!

edski
edski

Great Food

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2011

Great food and great service. I wish I worked downtown so I could eat there every day.

Pros: Healthy, Excellent Food, Good Value
Cons: Only 1 location
Samdyn
Samdyn

MUST EAT!

Posted on 12 / 29 / 2010

I loved it! So great to see a vegan food stand. I had the philly cheesesteak and it was delicious

Pros: affordable, delicious food, nice owner
Cons: none, none, none
LeafEater
LeafEater

oh yeaaaaah!

Posted on 12 / 20 / 2010

is that hunky piece of a man Jim on the menu, because I want to eat him up! Oh yeah, the food is excellent!

ninapr
ninapr

Finally!

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2010

Excellent, yummy vegan hot dogs and philly steaks! who could ask for more! It is so needed and welcomed and about time we had healthy, vegan fast food readily available that everyone can enjoy brought to you by a wonderful & friendly host!

Pros: Vegan, Fast Food, Deliscious
Cons: Wish it was close to where I work
kimbarley
kimbarley

YUM!

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2010

Vegan dogs and philly cheese steaks....to die for! And the price is great too! Stop by and check them out now.

Mary Claire
Mary Claire

SO NEEDED IN DOWNTOWN ST. PETE!!!

Posted on 12 / 18 / 2010

I was fortunate enough to be invited to Lettuce Eat's Pre-Grand Opening and Private taste testing! Wow, I ate way too much because I wanted to taste everything. Since going vegetarian/vegan, One thing I missed most was a hot dog with sauerkraut and mustard! I had one of the jumbo dogs and it was delish! Then I had a philly cheese steak hoagie and it rocked as well! Thank Goodness Baywalk and Beach Dr. will have healthy fast food for the shoppers or business folks on the go!

Pros: Healthy, Great Prices, Fast
Cons: Not outside my door
tylerpitchford
tylerpitchford

Philly Goodness

Posted on 12 / 17 / 2010

Hands down the best vegan philly I've ever had. And Jim is an excellent host.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Lettuce Eat Healthy - Food Cart: