Let's Take a Seat Thai Cuisine

Serves meat, veg options available. Thai food restaurant with some vegetarian and vegan items on its menu, marked "V." Your choice of vegetable, tofu, or mock duck in place of meat in main entrees. Has a vegan red curry made without fish sauce. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by PurpleSocialist
PurpleSocialist
PurpleSocialist

Let's Take a Seat has great food and friendly staf

4 Posted on 01 / 26 / 2013

I decided to try to expand my pallete and try thai food one evening.
I was won over by Let's Take a Seat's "unusual" name.

It's a bit out of the way for me (I live in Urbana and it was a 20 minute drive) but it was worth it. I was torn between the red curry and the green curry. The owner asked if I was vegan or vegetarian;I replied that I wanted a vegan dish. I was then told that the red curry is the only vegan curry. I decided to go with that.
I was kind of surprised to see that the curry was so soupy like but I guess that's how curry is prepared for Thai dishes. The dish was very flavorful and it filled me up.
I also ordered an order of vegetable rolls. They were absolutely delicious-so delicious that I went back for 3 orders of them the next day.

Let's Take a Seat is a bit out of the way but it's worth the trip.
They're a great small business and the owner thanked me for using cash. If you decide to visit them, please use cash. Any time you use a credit or debit card that's less money the business can receive.

Pros: flavorful food, decent portions, friendly staff
Cons: far-out location

Dear Owner and Manager of Let's Take a Seat Thai Cuisine: