Vegetarian restaurant with a friendly atmosphere. Sample meal include falafel with side salads, cauliflower fritters. Uses egg and dairy. Closed Monday. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Western, Mediterranean, Take-out
18 Elizabeth Street, Croyden
Adelaide, South Australia 5008
08-83408872

First Review by veg.dan
tantan
tantan

Vegan does not include honey

Posted on 09 / 23 / 2014

Cute location in a nice area away not too far from the CBD. For vegans looking for a main meal, you will be limited to either eating a falafel and/or a cauliflower fritter with salads on the side. They taste great, though I have one gripe.

Vegans do not eat honey, and if they do eat honey then they are not vegan! The first time I came here, I ordered my side salads but thought to double check with the staff that they were definitely vegan - no egg, cheese, honey etc.

The guy told me that one of the salads (labelled as vegan) did have honey in it, and we got into a discussion over it. Me saying "well it's not vegan then", him saying "well, some vegans do eat honey", me saying "well if they eat honey, they are not vegan because vegans do not eat any animal products, including honey". It went on and on.

Anyway, finally I gave up and just ordered. But it annoyed me. I think it is wrong for stores to label food as "vegan", when they clearly do not know what that means. So if you go to this place and are vegan, do not trust the labels that are written on the products - ask to see the ingredients list first.

Pros: quaint, great location, amongst the best falafels in Adelaide
fearless
fearless

Great falafels

Posted on 05 / 23 / 2013

I have eaten at their cafe and bought from their store at the markets - you can find them at the Stirling markets quite often. The falafels and salads are really healthy and tasty.
My only con would be that when we have eaten there in the past a lot of their dishes have egg in them - this restricted our options a lot as my partner and I do not eat eggs.

Pros: Great falafel and salads, well priced
Cons: lots of egg dishes
pitty
pitty

Fresh and amazing one of the best!

Posted on 01 / 21 / 2013

This place is one of my favourites. The atmosphere is great the food is fresh and although I'm one of the few vegans that really don't like salad - they have amazing salads and I could eat nothing else but their salads and falafel... I can't describe how happy I am every time I see their stall up at a festival or concert because they save me from an expensive event-food disaster every time. Plenty of vegan options!

Pros: fresh, fresh , innovative

WeiShen
WeiShen

good fresh ingredients

Posted on 12 / 22 / 2012

Good selection for vegetarian. Ok for vegans

Cons: not many vegan choices
veg.dan
veg.dan

Great cafe in Queen St

Posted on 07 / 01 / 2012

I regularly get salads and the cauli balls from the wayville markets were they have a stall but have visited the cafe and it is very well priced compared to the queen st cafe next door. Salads always fresh and tasty. Do good cakes and coffee too.

Pros: Healthy, Good variety

Dear Owner and Manager of Let Them Eat: