100% vegan crepes cafe also offering burgers, sandwiches and sides, breakfast specials on weekends, and on the third Sunday each month brunch. Features a special beer from a brewery in southern Bavaria, wine from the Mosel area, and local liquor. Has gluten-free, wi-fi. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, European, Western, Beer/Wine

VerenaBadofszky
VerenaBadofszky

just let it be

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2014

it was so tasty that after our dinner last night we decided to go back for lunch today. No words, no need to say anything. just too good!!!

RemyD
RemyD

Fantastic Crepes

Posted on 10 / 04 / 2014

This little place has a lot of character. Vegan crepes seem like quite a challenge but they pulled it off perfectly. I had the vegan ham and cheese crepe and it was excellent. This also happens to be one of the few places in berlin where you can get a nice vegan cider. I couldn't really gauge how friendly the staff were; they were just polite and quiet, definitely not rude however. I had a great time here, and I can't wait to return.

Pros: Cosy Atmosphere , Good Drink Options, Vegan Crepes!
Cons: Quiet Staff
jennyc32
jennyc32

Small but lots of character

Posted on 10 / 04 / 2014

Let It Be is quite small, but well worth a visit. I visited quite late on a Sunday evening and they had run out of burgers and some other ingredients, so our options were restricted a bit. Fortunately we'd been planning on having savoury crepes anyway. I tried the curry crepe (Erykah Badu) and my boyfriend had the Daryl Hannah, which had the Caprese salad ingredients. Both were really good. We had our second choice dessert, the Prince crepe (chocolate and cream) - it was very sweet but really good. One to share was definitely enough!

SuzySig
SuzySig

Delicious burgers, decent crepes

Posted on 08 / 25 / 2014

This is a rather small plac, with a kind a hippie atmosphere that was really nice.
All the dishes have star names, such as Woody Harrelson, Grace Slick, Moby...I thought it was quite funny and had an overall good impression and love how th place "felt".
We both took burgers which were tasty, filling and big. I realy loved ating them. Unfortunately I'm not as thrilled about the desert : crepes were alright but didn't taste like "real" ones : too thick, a bit of a strange flavor. It was a shame become I'm a huge crepes fan and was looking forward to eating a vegan version.
Anyay I'd definitely comme back if I have the opportunity to visit Berlin again, it was a mostly pleasant experience!

Pros: Burgers, Nice staff, Affordable food
Cons: Crepes were disappointing
Sternanis
Sternanis

Delicious Crepe & More

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2014

The place was just opening up when we arrived at 1pm on Saturday. It took kind of forever to get the food ordered and to be served but the outdoor seatings and the weather was lovely so we had nice time with our drinks. We also used our time wisely in spending a lot of time on deciding what to order from the vast menu before the kitchen was open.

Once our crepes, burgers and sandwich arrived, it was totally worth waiting. They were huge and beautifully presented all with nice salads (except sweet crepes). I'd love to try all of the menus!

Try not to go so early on the opening time :)

Pros: Tasty, Nice atmosphere, Friendly staff/owner
Cons: Slow service, Too many options
MateuszK
MateuszK

Great, cosy place with delicious crepes

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2014

We went there on the last day of our recent trip to Berlin and this is surely the first place we would go during the next one! Very cosy, homey place with friendly staff, nice music, moderate prices and great crepes. I really liked how the dishes are named after musicians. Strongly recommended!

Pros: Great food, Good value for money ratio, friendly staff & nice music
Marie Berlin
Marie Berlin

Nice place, good food

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2014

Nice little restaurant with good food for a nice prices. We had a burger with wedges and a sandwich - both was very filling and good. I would recommend it to friends. Next time I'll try the crepes.

Pros: Good burgers, Great sandwiches
Fedjie26
Fedjie26

Great desserts!

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2014

Enjoyed this creperie after dinner and was truly delicious! Had the crepe with chocolate cream and banana, light and fresh! Friendly staff, English speaking and made fresh quickly! Will definitely be making another trip here before we leave Berlin, highly recommend!
Visited this restaurant for a second time before leaving Berlin, had the veggie burger which was fresh and full of marinated beets and great bread, followed by more crepe of course! Located 1/2 mile from trainstop and not in a tourist area.

J-Veg
J-Veg

Refreshingly different

Posted on 02 / 02 / 2014

I don't think I'd ever been to a vegan crepe cafe before but had heard excellent things about this place and we were't disappointed!

The atmosphere is nice with good music playing and friendly staff. All the crepes are names after famous veggie celebrities and there's plenty of variety, with both sweet and savoury crepes to choose from, along with salads and desserts. You can also have your crepe gluten-free with buckwheat flour for another Euro if you wish.

We had a raw salad and a lentil salad to start, followed by a soy meat and BBQ bean crepe and a curry and chickpea crepe, which were both really nice and came with a small salad. We also had a selection of desserts, including apple and cinnamon tiramisu, chocolate cake and banana loaf.

We enjoyed the food and had a nice evening there. I would definitely recommend it.

Pros: Good music, Friendly staff, Deleicious crepes
craigmc
craigmc

fantastic crepes

Posted on 02 / 02 / 2014

As always a review is a snapshot of a moment, and I had a great time at Let It Be.

I've never had makee arepe before even in the years before being veggie, I don't think there was much French influence in the UK restaurant trade in the 80's. I had a garlic mushroom crepe and my better half had the mock meat in red wine sauce. Both were light but filling, They also seemed to be healthy tasting, and we had a side salad of red lentil and beetroot just to make sure we had plenty veg, it was also great.

Even though we were pretty full we shared a banana and chocolate crepe, it was really rich and left me feeling like I wouldn't need rlto eat for the next week.

Its been about seven years since I've been to Berlin, and place such as let it be have made Berlin a fantastic vegan city. New and enthusiastic the staff and management were delighted to meet us, and that alone wants me to recommend Let It Be.

I think the restaurant had been asking Eric for a visit, and my visit coincided with that of J Veg the ambassador of Berlin. Once the staff new this they were beside tgemselves, I only wish I got the same response in the UK toward Happy Cow. Had a good chance go chat to J veg and his good lady and we nearly solved world hunger.

Great night.

Pros: fantastic staff, great taste and selection., good value.
Lizzie88
Lizzie88

Fantastic crepes

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2014

My boyfriend and I and two of our (non-vegan) friends came for dinner here - we each got a different crepe and we were all really satisfied! The fillings were delicious and inventive.

The staff were lovely, English-speaking and very understanding when we originally made an error paying our bill.

We only wish we had tried the dessert crepes too - the flavours looked amazing!

My only suggestion for improvement would be to make table water available.

Pros: Delicious crepes, Nice staff , Pleasant atmosphere!
angdep
angdep

Excellent Food

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2014

All around good food. There is something for every kind of vegans. We shared the Erykah Badu crepe, which is a chickpea curry, and that was simple but excellent. We also ordered a sandwich, the apple walnut chutney one, and it was such a tasty combination. The lentil beet salad was also delicious. For dessert, the chocolate beet brownie was superb. Our overall dining experience was excellent. It's now our favorite vegan spot in Berlin. The owners know what they're doing! It's really worth a visit.

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Friendly owners

Dear Owner and Manager of Let It Be: