Small restaurant with many tables. Offers a variety of Mexican food including sandwiches and veggie burgers using mock meats and soy cheese. Pizza is made with a whole wheat crust topped with soy cheese and toppings of choice (note that soy cheese might not be vegan). Freshly squeezed carrot and orange juices available. Large portions. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Mexican, Pizza, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by kyvegan
Chia
Chia

This Leonor's Location

4 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2012

This Leonor's location is the one that my husband and I dine at occasionally when we are in the area. Here's my review.

The last time we were here we sat at the counter and ordered a veggie chili tostada, a burrito, and a cold flax tea. There were other patrons but only 1 waitress. But that didn't matter, because our food came in a speedy time and piping hot (not spicy). Yummy, too. We finished everything on our plates.

The food at this Leonor location is consistently good. Would definitely return when in the mood for vegetarian Mexican.

Pros: it's vegetarian, large portions, cheap prices
Cons: too much mockmeats
lisa99
lisa99

Such great Mexican Vegetarian Food!

5 Posted on 03 / 12 / 2011

I was by Studio City this one day and i decided to try this little restaurant of whitset and moorpark...The plate i ordered was their special chicken salad. WoW! i was really impressed of the mixture of ingredients it had...chicken soy cheese...The people there are so nice and welcomed.Ever since i have been going every time im around the area...(:

GabrielitoVegano
GabrielitoVegano

OK

3 Posted on 08 / 11 / 2010

Their Mexican food is very bland and not to my liking. . But the burgers are okay for the kids if vegetarian. Is the "meat" really vegan...not sure; the cheese is not. The pizza is good but maybe they should change to Daiya or some other vegan cheese to serve vegans as well.
Vegan Mexican food can taste really really good; just ask my meat-eating friends...lol...enchiladas, sopes, guaraches, "pollo" con mole, tamales....u tell me I'll meke it vegan. :)

Pros: Vegan "friendly", price, vegetarian
Cons: Not sure its vegan

adamtarshis
adamtarshis

unfortunately its as bad as the other reviews say

2 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2010

Despite the poor reviews of Lenor's, I tried it because its one of the only focused vegetarian restaurant in sherman oaks. Sad to say the bad reviews were right on. Incredibly bland tasteless buritos. The mushroom quesadea wasnt bad - but certainly not good enough to save the place. They dont really seem to care too much about the food. Definitely wont be going back.

Pros: mushroom quesadea
Cons: generally bland food
erbavore9
erbavore9

as bland and bad as it gets

2 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2009

I tried taking back the food because it was so bland and tasteless. The woman had an attitude and said "its vegetarian, what do you expect"
Some of the food was unsalvageable, other parts of it I could save with the condiments on the table.
One of the worst dining experiences of my life

Pros: juice
Cons: attitude, taste of food, freshness of food
Island Hopper
Island Hopper

The Truth

2 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2008

I wasn't expecting fine dining & to be frank I love hole in the wall places. So location and ambiance have nothing to do with my review. I hate to say it but this restaurant was big disappointment. To say the food is bland would be an understatement. The only redeeming quality, if there could be one, is that the portions are indeed huge. The sad fact is that just meant more had to go in the trash.

Pros: Portions
Cons: Taste
clakatdavis
clakatdavis

the best

5 Posted on 11 / 05 / 2008

i love this place. their prices are totally reasonable and they're really nice people. more importantly the food is just awesome. seriously... try it.

Pros: large menu and portions, nice people/ family place, very affordable
Cons: not "fine dining"
jenndc
jenndc

good and simple

5 Posted on 02 / 17 / 2008

If you like the salty spicy mexican food, then this is not the place. The food is very simple and plain. Not a lot of salt on anything that I have gotten. But you can always season to taste. Their rice and beans are really yummy, especially with the Bolivian sauce. I really enjoy this place. My dinner meal is so large that it becomes lunch for the next day too! My husband (vegetarian, not vegan) always gets the pizza. They did tell us that the cheese was not vegan.
And the prices are fantastic!
Recommended.

Pros: great prices, yummy, big portions
kyvegan
kyvegan

vegans beware

2 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2007

I used to eat at Leonor's on a biweekly basis. I had been assured by the servers that their soy cheese was casein-free and that their various meat alternatives were vegan. Since that time, a lot of controvery has arisen as to whether or not these claims are true. Several interceptions of delivery trucks have led message board posters to caution fellow vegans to stay away based on information that the soy cheese and chicken contain casein and egg whites, respectively. This saddens me greatly. I loved their pizzas and enchilladas, and found all of the low priced mexican entrees to be quite delicious. But I won't be going here any more. Still a great place for vegetarians to eat, but it's hard to have respect for a place that doesn't show that same respect to its customers.

Pros: affordable food, large menu, great mexican fare
Cons: don't trust the servers, ingredient controversy

Dear Owner and Manager of the falafel on the :