Leonor's Mexican Restaurant

Not very vegan-friendly. Serves Mexican food as well as pizza, salads, and sandwiches including soymeat ingredients. Also fresh juice and flaxseed ice tea. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Mexican, Take-out
11403 Victory Blvd (Tujunga)
North Hollywood, California 91606

AlessandraTaryn
AlessandraTaryn

Good!

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2014

Although the place isn't vegan, I still enjoy their options cheese-less! I really like that the don't use salt in their foods, making some options lots healthier than they would be otherwise. Their turkey avocado is awesome, their chicken pita sandwich is absolutely delicious, and their burritos (although bland to some) and great for my palette. Pretty good pizzas too!!

Pros: salt-free
Cons: soy cheese NOT vegan
JamesTE
JamesTE

Disappointed

Posted on 09 / 18 / 2013

Menu is limited. Service is worst I've received at a vegan restaurant. Too bad because I'd heard good things from a friend. I had better luck at Hugo's or Sun Cafe.

Pros: closest veg restaurant to my house, nice idea
Cons: awful service, not truly vegan, pricey
Cinn
Cinn
  • non-vegetarian

Great!

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2013

I ordered a chicken sandwich and came with a salad. It was wonderfull, but when I received my order, it was cold. Overall, still a great place.

Pros: Parking, Reasonable prices, Friendly staff
Cons: Timing

maynard7
maynard7

Average food

Posted on 04 / 07 / 2009

Sorry, but this place was only average to me. They do have brown ric, which is nice, but it's just nothing special. Way too many chopped onions in the salad, and not enough in the way of protein.

Pros: Friendly staff
Cons: Food just not flavorful
izmi1111
izmi1111

Leonor's Mexican Vegitarian is YUMMY!

Posted on 03 / 13 / 2009

Leonor had the only vegetarian restaurant in town for ages! I love the "soy chicken" enchilada dinner complete with one of her lentil or chickpea soups, bread, fresh veggies, steamed pinto beans, brown rice, flaxseed iced tea and I add an empanada, which tastes just like cheese to me, but it aint! I've been hooked on that for so long that I've yet to try something else on the menu like the sandwiches or pizza that are made with soy protein (she knows how to make it taste yummy). She's got a great menu and good quality fresh food for dine in or take out. This has always been a personal favorite family owned and operated.

Pros: large selection, priced well, unique creations
hyees
hyees

wondrful

Posted on 02 / 15 / 2008

consistantly good. try the "chicken" cabbage salad

Guest
Guest

WONDERFUL

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2007

The only problem we had was that the menu had so many items we wanted to try as it was our first visit. The food was excellent with generous servings. The service was good and very helpful with selections for our first visit. We are just so sorry that we live a distance or we would be there at least once a week.

Dear Owner and Manager of Leonor's Mexican Restaurant: