Leonardo's by the Slice

Serves meat, veg options available. Pizzeria selling pizza by the slice or whole, has vegan slices. Also lacto-veg pasta, calzone, salads. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Pizzeria, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg
1245 W University Ave (near UF campus)
Gainesville, Florida 32601
352-378-2001

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by John Ward
phaedraford
phaedraford

Limited vegan pies

Posted on 02 / 04 / 2012

The vegan pizza is very good, but it's not really what I'm looking for when I want a good pie. They don't have vegan cheese, so it's just a pizza without cheese + tofu chunks. Their crust is thick but not quite like a deep dish. Overall, it's a good eat if you're not hunkering for vegan gooey, cheesy goodness.

Pros: good crust, tofu on pizza
Cons: no vegan cheese
NeiltheK
NeiltheK

Not a good experience

Posted on 07 / 15 / 2010

On a recent trip to Gainesville I tried Leonardo's for their vegan pizza. Had a slice of what was described only as as 'vegan' and it was very good.... so I went back the next day with a friend. Ordered the same thing, 'vegan pizza', only this time got a whole pie. Except it was not the same pizza I had the day before, completely different ingredients & not nearly as good. When I asked the staff about it I got attitude . . . 'yesterday was a special pizza, you didn't ask for any special ingredients, I can't just GIVE you a free pizza.' I had just ordered vegan pizza, the same thing I asked for yesterday! My companion had better luck in at least getting them to make a new pizza, with ingredients similar to what I'd had the day before. Today when I try to email them about this from their web site, the 'comments' & 'contact us' functions don't work!

Pros: vegan pizza available
Cons: rude and discourteous staff, inconsistent ingredients
tamberine97
tamberine97

veggie pizza

Posted on 03 / 08 / 2009

usually the food is all around an A+ but the vegan is inconsistant to me. I dont like it when they put tempe on it, gives me werd texture complex.

the rolls are unreal. best in town by far.
the organic salad is amazing, but they put the dressing on there, so dont expect to let it sit for a minute.

service is pretty shitty. but in th way that every college town needs their scenester kids to be picks. it's amuzing to me. they look anerexic, smell like ciggs and liquer. good kids. but few occations they really were simply retarded.

coffee is pretty good. not mind blowing but way better then target copy and not complete crap like starbucks.

i randomly crave it, everyone oes though. possible drug contents. but it's ok, would make thie childrens like it more.

Pros: pizza, rolls, silly employees
Cons: roaches, bitch employees

John Ward
John Ward

good pizza

Posted on 10 / 22 / 2008

it is a local landmark...everyone in gainesville has had leo's at some point. i enjoy that they offer vegan alternatives and of course many vegetarian options...try the greek pizza! also get the rolls!!! they are the best...also, if youre nice, they give extra food...i dont know anyone there, but theyre always nice.

Pros: pizza, is, good
Cons: enough, said, !

Dear Owner and Manager of Leonardo's by the Slice: