Lentil as Anything - Preston

A cooperative without fixed prices and survives with a pay as you feel concept. Part of a social movement away from the global growth of economic rationalism toward a communal grassroots ethos. Offers lunch and dinner with one menu. Several locations. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Western, Buffet, Fast food, Australian

Mon-Sun 12:00pm-4:00pm, 6:00pm-9:00pm

• Cash only

First Review by AndyT
Emilykmiec
Emilykmiec

Fantastic.

Posted on 05 / 11 / 2015

This is my favourite of all the Lentils. It's set up like the St Kilda one where you order from a menu, instead of the buffet style of Abbotsford and Footscray. I find that the food here is tastier than the buffet ones, and unlike St Kilda, they do different daily specials and desserts.

It's much more spacious than the St Kilda restaurant, and is really cosy. I'd often come here with my friends for lunch or to hang out and have a coffee. Lentils goes by a 'pay what you can' policy, which we found really helpful as we were often broke. It was nice to still have somewhere to go when we didn't have much money, and when we couldn't pay much on one visit, we would make sure we paid extra the next time we were there. this place feels like home to me, and I absolutely love it here.

Also, the last time I went in the staff said they have changed to a 100% vegan restaurant!

Pros: Tasty, Cosy, Friendly
mountainfolks
mountainfolks

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2015

I go to the lentils in abbotsfort quite often but as this one is just as far away I gave it a go as well.
First of all: The food is delicious! Maybe sometimes even better than at the convent, simply because it seems a bit more creative.
The atmosphere is different of course but this one is definitely one of my favourites in Melbourne.

Now serves breakfast as well!

Pros: friendly staff, pay as you feel
AndyT
AndyT

Awesome alternative vegan-friendly place

Posted on 07 / 22 / 2014

I have been to Lentil as Anything's Preston restaurant, and I was quite impressed.

On top of their social engagement, their awesome alternative and cooperative flair, the fact that nearly every dish available can be made vegan and their pay-as-you-like concept, the food was actually delicious, beautifully presented and filling. Full score in my book.

I went there with a less-alternative-oriented, non-vegan colleague, and she also was favourably impressed. If I was not just visiting, but living in Melbourne, I would definitely visit this place or one of their other restaurants very often.

We had the burger with fried potatoes (wonderful, and actually quite healthy), the roasted vegetable salad and one of their Indian-inspired starters, and everything was delicious. Highly advised.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Delicious food, Social engagement

Dear Owner and Manager of Lentil as Anything - Preston: