Lentil As Anything - Footsc...

Non-profit community organization operating several cafes on a "pay as you feel" concept. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Western, Fast food, Australian

blinki
blinki

Great Place but I was Disappointed by the Food

Posted on 05 / 06 / 2014

I love the concept of Lentil and go regularly to Abbotsford so I stopped for lunch here one day. The space is lovely, the staff/volunteers are friendly but I was disappointed by the food.

It was minestrone (vegan), rice (vegan), cheesey tomato pasta (not vegan), creamy potato (not vegan), cous cous salad (vegan), cake (not vegan). It's poor menu planning to offer rice, potato and pasta as mains and even worse if you are vegan. The minestrone was overcooked frozen veg with broken up spaghetti in a tasteless but oily stock. The rice was well cooked, I don't think it is possible to make better rice. I didn't bother trying the couscous as it did seem to just be cous cous with a few lettuce leaves tossed through.

If the pasta or potato had been swapped with a dahl or something then it would have been great. But given I could pay according to my enjoyment I'm not unhappy about it which is the joy of Lentil.

Sergeant Vegan
Sergeant Vegan

Lentil's is fantastic!

Posted on 09 / 25 / 2011

I have been frequenting the Abbotsford Lentil's for a few months now and think it is great!!!
Food is either good or excellent. Lentil as anything is much more than an eatery, it is a community celebrating vegan and vegetarian food, music, art, support and general good vibes. It is important to pay fairly, not every one can afford $5+ a plate/meal but I think most can and should for those that can't.

Pros: great food, great staff, great atmosphere
Cons: occasionally the vegan option ar lacking
coling
coling

don't abuse it

Posted on 10 / 15 / 2010

Lentil has an amazing story that gives jobs to new Australians but many people eat there and donate 20 cents for the meal. its worth at least 5 to 10 dollars. The staff work really hard giving good value for a large variety of meals. The Food in all Lentils is always excellent, staff friendly I have never left a Lentil not satisfied, just disappointed when I see well dressed people especially in St KILDA give 20 to 50 cents

Pros: very tasty food, generous portions, the staff
Cons: some customers, sometimes loud music

Dear Owner and Manager of Lentil As Anything - Footscray :