Lenteja Express - Poblado

Situated 2 blocks from Parque Lleras in Poblado, this veggie place makes Medellin-style lentil and chickpea burgers, ceviche, lasagna with soy cheese, nachos, in-house-made vegan sauces and desserts. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Colombian, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery

OrgasmHurtsUs
  • non-vegetarian

Fluoride in the buns

Posted on 11 / 23 / 2014

Their burgers taste great but their bread is industrial and contains refined salt, which is fluoridated salt. I know because they were kind enough to show me the ingredients.

If you go to Exito, you'll notice that the cheap refined salt contains fluoride, which has been proven over 20 different times to make people more stupid.

Pros: Cheap, Great taste, Chickpeas or lentils option
Cons: Fluoride in the buns, The bread lacks nutrition, No orange juice or spring water to drink
mikevallano
mikevallano

Nice, fast little veggie place

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2014

I quite enjoyed my chickpea burger. I got the "supreme" (I think it's called), basically that has cheese and mushrooms.

It was really tasty and very reasonably priced. The atmosphere is more quick lunch oriented than a nice sit-down place, so plan accordingly.

I'm very thankful to have another all-veggie option in this neighborhood.

maynard7
maynard7

It's Vegetarian, but I wouldn't call it healthy

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2014

The other 2 veggie restaurants I know about in the neighborhood were closed on January 2, so I went here. I ordered the Lenteja Burger (made of lentils), and the combo, so it comes with chips and a fruit drink. The food was OK, but not a lot better than average. I wish there had been veggies such as brocolli or carrots or just anything, really. The flavors were good, but sauteed mushrooms and cheese made it kind of fatty, especially considering the side dish is potato chips. Once was enough for me, but if you like fast food, this may be your place.

Zambezikid
Zambezikid

Very dry, I'm afraid

Posted on 09 / 05 / 2013

Had just the 1 meal here. Went for the combo which I think was a bad idea - 2 patties with very little else but bread (flimsy layer of lettuce and 1 slice of tomato) made the whole thing difficult to eat and very dry.

Tried 2 of the sauces - one was tomato the other some bland mustard; not great.

They do have soya cheese whch I asked for but somehow it never arrived (lost in translation I suspect).

Anyways, next time, I'd order a single patty burger cos I suspect they will be a better balance.

Pros: Reasonable price, Great if you happen to stay in Poblado
Cons: Dry double burgers
choogirl
choogirl

Good veggie burger

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2013

I asked the staff what was vegan and they replied with "what do you want?", suggesting they could accommodate. This is good. I chose the chickpea burger, which was good but I was disappointed by the lack of salad on it. It just came with a piece of lettuce and a slice of tomato. I would have liked a bit more.

Pros: Accommodating to vegans
Cons: Lack of salad
pipeleta
pipeleta

Great

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2013

it is a great place to visit: clean, modern and nice music.
they offer vegetarian and vegan great home made fast food. sauces are great. garlic is the best, and the most important they are vegan sauces.
prices are incredibly cheap for what they offer !!!

BeMineValentine
BeMineValentine

Is the only Non-hippie vegetarian spot in Medellin

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2012

I hate when I go to a vegetarian restaurant and everything is hippy-ish. Lenteja express is far from that: beautiful, clean, well designed, tasty, full of flavor. Not simple or dull at all, not like the others "Arbol de la vida" "Govindas" that does not offer salt or sugar.
It's a fresh little vegetarian spot, well planed, very different from the others. Very good job.

Pros: *, *, *
SaraGonzalez
SaraGonzalez

absolutely fantastic

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2012

Best veggie burgers in Medellin. Great taste, nice place, awesome sauces, it's a really great option of healthy food

enRoute
enRoute

The best veggie burgs in town

Posted on 12 / 20 / 2011

Just amazing... brand new in this location, conveniently located just a couple of blocks from Parque Lleras. Fantastically delicious lentil burgers, great juices, clean, modern environment. Their homemade sauces are worth the trip alone. Just about the only non-vegan element is casein in some of the optional soy cheese. Open late on weekends like it should be - support this place!

Pros: Convenient, Delicious, Quick
Cons: Limited selection, Small

Dear Owner and Manager of Lenteja Express - Poblado: