Serves meat, veg options available. Please send more food details to HappyCow and inform us if this place should remain listed- thanks! Price: Moderate more-less
Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

Krolou
Krolou

Good but...

3 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2013

I went three times there : the two first times, there were a vegan option in the menu (that is a warm meal that were vegan) (only vegetables, actually).
Last time I went, all meals had meat or cheese, so I had to order two appetizers (vegetable soup and salad), which came with bread.
It was good, though I am not very fond of "veg-friendly" restaurants who do not care about vegans !
(No vegan dessert as well, except from fruit salad).
I will still go there because it is rare to be able to eat (good) cooked vegetables for lunch : most of the time, I have to rely on salads !

Pros: Vegetables excellent, Perfect Olive oil, Has good soups and salads
Cons: Not vegan-friendly per se
vegetalien
vegetalien

Not for Vegans

1 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2010

This place is on a cute street near our apartment, and so we tried stopping in for lunch the other day. It appears to be cafeteria style--all of the food is made beforehand, and you then get your pick of a hot dish (or two) and a couple of salads. The food looked okay, although none of it was vegan; and since it's all made beforehand, there's really no hope for getting vegan food. When I told the kind person who was working there that we were vegans, she didn't seem to understand (although this may be because 1. my French is very bad and 2. the words for "vegan" and "vegetarian" are nearly homophonic)--she thought I had said we were vegetarians, and then offered us fish. This is, of course, common in Paris, although I expected that this place might be different. I was then able to explain that we didn't eat fish or cheese, and she then said that there was nothing there that we could eat.

So, we had to leave without having eaten anything. There did seem to be some lacto-vegetarian options, although I can't say how good they were.

Pros: friendly
Cons: no vegan food, cafeteria style

Dear Owner and Manager of Lemoni Cafe: