Serves meat, veg options available. Vietnamese and Thai cuisine, with several vegetarian appetizers and main entrees. Vegetarians need to specify no fish sauce, etc. Price: Moderate more-less
Vietnamese, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
1300 Garth Street
Hamilton, Ontario
905-574-3932

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Celeste1
integrityfirst
integrityfirst

Authentic Thai Cuisine

Posted on 09 / 29 / 2014

this small, but intimate and friendly restaurant serves authentic, delicious Thai food.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff
Cons: hard to see from the street, closes early
krissimi
krissimi

Good until I found meat in my food. Never again.

Posted on 05 / 21 / 2013

This place made a few mistakes by serving meat in vegan dishes. I will not go back there again.

Cons: meat in vegan dish
newvegguy
newvegguy

Good Food

Posted on 08 / 24 / 2011

I've always enjoyed the meals at Lemongrass but I'm not so sure I trust their understanding of the vegan concept. I always make a point of asking that no fish sauce or animal products be used and the servers always seem agreeable but I'm still a little nervous....
Having said that, the Monk's Favourite is one of my favourites and if you ask for it to be spicy, it'll make you sweat. Tofu In Ginger Sauce is a good choice as is the Vegetables Cashew. They'll make veg pad thai without the egg if you ask but again, not sure about the fish sauce.
Service can be a bit iffy at times and they get VERY busy at lunch so you should show up at 11:30 or 1:30.

Pros: tasty food, reasonable prices
Cons: not sure of the ingredients sometimes, VERY busy at lunch so service can suffer, not much atmosphere
  • newvegguy newvegguy

****A FOLLOW UP WARNING!*****
    While recently waiting for a takeout order I witnessed a waitress returning uneaten rice from a customer's dinner into the rice cooker. This is an egrigious sanitation/hygiene issue/violation!!!!! Who knows what the previous customer did with the rice?! Is this indicative of their standard kitchen practices? I really wish I hadn't seen this but since I did, I will NEVER return and would caution anyone who wants to eat here.

Celeste1
Celeste1

A few vegetarian items

Posted on 04 / 15 / 2008

Lemongrass has a few tofu items on its menu but I would inquire as to what exact ingredients are used, e.g., fish sauce could be used in some dishes. Their tofu dishes are tasty.

Pros: pleasant atmosphere, cleanliness in washrooms
Cons: check exact ingredients used, spotty service but mostly good, go at 11:30 for lunch

Dear Owner and Manager of Lemongrass: