Serves meat, veg options available. Berlin organic restaurant. A casual cafe serving Mediterranean and Asian organic food, cakes, and beverages. Price: Moderate more-less
Organic, German, International, Catering, Take-out, Non-veg
Wilsnacker Strasse 61 (Tiergarten)
Berlin, Germany 10559
030-30208890

Open Wed-Sat 5-12pm, Sun 4-11pm.

First Review by toddberlin
anamagdalena78
anamagdalena78

super friendly

4 Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

There was a very cosy atmosphere in the restaurant and outside. The owner was very welcoming. Before I ordered, I found out that I couldn't pay with credit card and that the money I had in cash was only enough for the food and not for the rhubarb lemonade I felt like trying. I decided to take tap water but he offered me the rhubarb lemonade. :-) The food was vegan and full of nice ingredients. The bread was home made and delicious.

Pros: Friendly, Vegan friendly, Organic food
goodcatch
goodcatch

The perfect 10

4 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2011

We try to eat healthy and organic so we fell in love with this restaurant. The menu changes often but I believe they always have a soy option. I had the curried tofu with vegetables and jasmine rice followed by classic tiramisu. My partner had haddock souffle followed by apple with rum raisin pie. Everything was so amazing we went back the following night (after agreeing not to order the same meal).

The chef and her daughter seem to be there every night. Ask to have the daughter be your waiter. She speaks perfect english.

NB: They close for a few weeks every July/August.

Pros: affordable, amazing, draft beer
Cons: Far from the nightlife
cmayr
cmayr

unconventional cuisine in an unlikely neighbourhoo

4 Posted on 05 / 02 / 2011

Run by the somewhat artistically inclined couple, this place is a little oasis in Moabit. The restaurant itself is full of art and designed colourfully with lots of attention to little details. The food is not your run of the mill veggie-stuff but very imaginative relying on mostly mediterranean cuisine with north african influence. We had couscous with an egg plant stew that was really delicious. The spring plate with fresh vegetable, potato wedges and spinach dumplings was just as good. The dessert was from another planet. Service is not fast (food is prepared freshly) but very friendly. This place is highly recommended.

Pros: yummy, cozy, unconventional menu
Cons: not cheap

jdwalker
jdwalker

out of the way gem

5 Posted on 06 / 21 / 2009

As others have said, this restaurant is a bit off the beaten track, something of a hike from the nearest U-Bahn station, but very much worth tracking down. It's in a leafy residential neighborhood where the owner, a very friendly man from Italy, seemed to know everyone who walked by.

The food showed some Italian roots but was quite varied, using seasonal ingredients. My partner and I had a wonderful spargel (white asparagus) and sweet potato soup, a delicious salad with delicate mustard dressing, and excellent pasta and gnocchi dishes. Our total bill was 45 Euro with a carafe of house wine. We'd definitely go there again!

Pros: bio products, terrific food, friendly staff
Cons: bit hard to find
Liena
Liena

Delicious food!

5 Posted on 05 / 25 / 2009

Lei e Lui has an original menu, and everything we tried was fresh and very tasty, the best food we got during our 2 day stay in Berlin. They have some dishes with meat or fish as well. The staff was friendly, and the ambience was very pleasant and cosy. It feeled like being guests at somebodie's home. The location is not very central, but it is within walking distance from the central railway station.

Pros: tasty, healthy, good ambience
snappea
snappea

delicious, international menu

5 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2008

the food was great! i had a small salad and sweet potato & chestnut soup, both vegan. the menu was in german, but the staff was very nice and explained each item in english. about a fifth of the menu was vegan. the food was truly delicious. the location was a bit remote (in a residential neighborhood of west berlin), but worth visiting!

Pros: great food, friendly staff
Cons: location, bit pricey
veggies4U
veggies4U

excellant food

5 Posted on 09 / 02 / 2008

Enjoyed the food, well cooked and good use of herbs in italian influenced cooking. Bit too much salt for some people.
Tiramisu with fruit dessert delicious.
Service good, not too expensive, servings thankfully not the usual German immensity.

toddberlin
toddberlin

Lei e Lui Bio Organic Restaurant best of Berlin

5 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2008

I've been going to Lie e Lui for some years now and it has always been a special treat. It is not so easy to find but once you find it you will keep going back. Its located in Tiergarten a central part of Berlin but not really known for restaurants. The menu has a Mediterranean flair to it, almost Italian at times. The food is fresh and made from organic ingredients (bio products in German). I find the dishes full of flavor and energy. You wont be disappointed if you find this gem.

Pros: delicious food, organic healthy food, great value

Dear Owner and Manager of Lei e Lui: