All vegan health food shop with worldwide mail order service available. more-less

First Review by Stevie
Amy1274
Amy1274

A treat for the eyes

3 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2014

If, like me, you have ended up wearing glasses 24/7 due to reading tiny ingredient lists, a completely vegan shop like this is a real treat.

The prices, however, are not! This is a high quality, but expensive establishment.

It's Christian run and contains a Christian book shop.

There's also a kiosk run by the same company in the Hauptbahnhof.

Pros: fully vegan, location
Cons: price
Tropical_Yankees
Tropical_Yankees
  • non-vegetarian

Not just for Vegans anymore :)

5 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2012

Actually stumbled across this shop by accident; however, the stop was well worth it. The aroma alone was amazing, but the actual samples offered by the extremely helpful staff were tasty! The fresh spreads for either gluten free or regular breads were nothing short of remarkable.

After sampling the variety, which they staff was more than willing to keep offering, it was the Apple Chips that ended up being the treasured diamond in the rough! The crackers, cookies, spreads, and meats are well worth a try, but if you're going for a nice drive through the scenic areas ...say 2261 miles worth of driving...grab some apple chips for the road!

Thank you staff...I came back to the states with so many items that keep Germany on the forefront of my brain....but I'm even more thankful they have US shipping and a nice catalog with most of my favorites!!!

Pros: Variety of Selections, No Chemicals, Friendly Staff
Cons: Not enough space in my suitcase
ramachandra
ramachandra

Nice veggie shop

4 Posted on 02 / 26 / 2012

I must have walked past this place so many times but I finally decided to stop in. The staff was super friendly and helpful, and they were giving out lots of free samples - bread, spreads, ravioli with sauerkraut, cookies, tea, and apple chips. I didn't buy anything yet, but I'll be back. I'll come here for German foods without the meat and eggs (it looks like they had Berliner made without egg).

Pros: samples, vegan German foods

Stevie
Stevie

Lebe gesund, Stuttgart

4 Posted on 05 / 10 / 2010

This place is in central Stuttgart barely a one minute walk from Vegi Voodoo King.

The place is 100% vegan veggie. When I went there was lady ofering a tasting of some pasta in a basil / pesto type sauce - it was delicious I must say.

This is a deli type health food shop that is aimed at the top end of the market - this isn't the place for you if you are on a tight budget as some of those prices are a bit eye brow raising. If though you can be the type to splash out now and again or whatever on luxury items then this place could be for you.

Staff speak English as seems to be the case so much in Germany these days.

From speaking to staff they are clearly targeting a worldwide mail order business model.

Pros: 100% vegan veggie friendly, central, English spoken
Cons: Some products are expensive

Dear Owner and Manager of Lebe Gesund: