CLOSED: Lean and Green

Vegan restaurant opened late 2012. Wide range of mock meats and mock fish on the menu. Has wi-fi. Reported close to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Vietnamese, Take-out
15B Trang Thi Street, Hoan Kiem District
Hanoi, Vietnam

Open Mon-Sun 10am-3pm, 5-10pm.

First Review by SallyMackenzie
Pellio
Pellio

mock meats

3 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2013

A wide range of mock meats, fish and egg available on the menu. Rice dishes were especially tasty and good portion size for a lunch or lighter dinner. Get an appetiser or mock meat dish with rice if you're hungry! It's a quiet but clean and fresh environment.

Pros: wide selection, very tasty rice dishes, modern environment
Cons: quiet, staff not too good at English but not terrible
CaiHong
CaiHong

Fantastic

5 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2013

I walked miles looking for a salad restaurant I saw advertised and came upon this restaurant.
I ordered the rolls, I can't remember the name only that they were very cheap, 8000 and they were big and delicious.
I also had the grilled eggplant with sesame, big serving. I wanted to order more food just for the taste but was so full.
This cost me 60 ,000 dong.
My only disappointment is I just discovered it yesterday and I leave today.

Pros: Good food , Friendly staff, Good menu
brummkeks
brummkeks

High prices, low taste

3 Posted on 01 / 27 / 2013

We ate here twice. It's easy to find and has a nice, bright atmosphere with friendly staff. The first time we ate Phnom Penh Noodle Soup, Wonton Egg Noodle Soup (with different noodles) and the Lean&Green Springrolls and Vietnamese Shredded Pork Skin Rolls. The springrolls were all dissappointing, very small and we had to order a minimum of two (they don't serve only one, but in the menu the price is given for one..). The Lean&Green Spring Rolls were actually no rolls but vegetable balls with breading and (vegan) mayonaise. The soups were with little taste and had too many and too slobbery noodles - and almost no vegetables.

We gave it a 2nd try and ordered Pho Bo, Pho Ga, the South Vietnamese Spring Rolls and the Vietnamese Clear Dumplings. Springrolls and Dumpling portions are really a joke, way to small and the taste average. The Pho Bo tasted better than the Ga (Bo is with "Beef", Ga is with "Chicken") but both were pretty tasteless. Also any local vegetarian Restaurant serves much more basil, cilantro, beansprouds etc. for self-service. No chili, no lemon extra. It's ok - not more.

Pros: Interior, Staff, Good location
Cons: Taste(less), small portions, price
travel4ever
travel4ever

Great Choice

5 Posted on 12 / 29 / 2012

Hanoi can be challenging for vegans, so we were delighted that Lean and Green serves delicious vegan and vegetarian Vietnamese food. The restaurant is not far from the Old Quarter and Hoan Kiem Lake, and the interior is clean and bright. The menu is extensive and service is very welcoming. We dined here multiple times and really enjoyed everything we ordered here. Dinner for two was inexpensive by U.S. standards, about $10 to $12. We highly recommend this restaurant.

Pros: Extensive menu, Friendly service, Inexpensive

SallyMackenzie
SallyMackenzie

a bit pricey and average food

3 Posted on 12 / 17 / 2012

The restaurant is clean and staff are friendly, however it was completely empty and very bright lights when we went so had a strange atmosphere. The prices are reasonable but definitely not cheap. Food is pretty average

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Lean and Green: