Vegetarian cafe offering salads, burgers, tacos, juices, baked goods, and daily specials. Located next to taxi 25, since Dec 2013. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Western, Juice bar, Bakery, Latin
1st St, Isla Colon, Bocas Town
Bocas Del Toro, Panama

Mon-Fri 10:00am-5:30pm

First Review by JustaPack

Posted on 11 / 11 / 2015

Very nice restaurant to have lunch next to the sea. The nuts burger is just amazing!

interesting but expensive

Posted on 04 / 26 / 2015

We went there twice. The food was very tasty. They served to us nuts hamburgers, houmous sandwich, avocado sandwich...
Almost all the dishes can be made as vegan.
But for 4 smoothies and 2 sandwiches, we paid 36 $ the first time, it seems to be excessive. Moreover, be careful, the indicated prices don't include the service (10 percent more).
The ice cream is unfortunately not vegan.
The location is practical
And you can eat above the water, seeing the passing boats. Really cool.

Pros: almost all can be vegan, location/atmosphere, super friendly staff
Cons: expensive

Just what we needed

Posted on 01 / 09 / 2015

Leafeaters was a great find and if we had stayed in Bocas Del Toro longer, we would have had lunch here every day.
The Hippie Bowl was fabulous. Besides including kale, almost non-existent in our travels in Panama, the dressing was amazing.
The view out into the water and the atmosphere in general were both perfect. Made me wish I had a cafe near my home with the same vibe. Everyone seemed happy to be there and happy to be eating their fantastic food.
I think we were accidentally overcharged but we didn't notice until we were a block away and felt it was too late to go fix it. But I would go back many times if I had stayed in that area. Leafeaters was like a shining beacon of light in a country of PB&J's for vegans.

Pros: vegan options!, the view out into the water

Hidden Treasure

Posted on 05 / 24 / 2014

Tucked away behind Island Traders Artisan Market lies one of the best vegetarian restaurants I have had the pleasure of dining at in Central America. The mother-daughter team in the kitchen cook up delicious vegetarian delights like tofu tacos, three kinds of veggie burgers and a Hippie Bowl that includes kale, a very difficult product to find in Central America. Love, love, love this place.
In addition to the delicious food, seating looks out onto the water. So, even on a rainy day, the view is a treat.

Pros: Delicious food, Great View, Lovely owners

Dear Owner and Manager of Leaf Eaters: