Le Tian Vegetarian Stall

Lunch buffet food is hot between 11am-1pm. Offer a large variety of vege dishes, including many with faux meat to go with rice. A plate costs around 5-8 MYR. Also has baked goods like swiss creme cake, lotus leaf rice, turnip cake, carrot cake, mochi. Directions: Take KL-Monorail service to the Bukit Bintang station to get to Sungai Wang Plaza. Confirmed open Jan 2013. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Chinese, Fast food, Buffet

First Review by veganmiam
Bekkz
Bekkz

Absolutely Delicious

5 Posted on 06 / 20 / 2012

Eating here is a must if you're in Kuala Lumpur. I make sure I visit here every time I'm in the city. A great place for a vegan breakfast or lunch, and it's right in the city centre. There's a wide selection of food and everything's delicious!
It's also very cheap; a full plate of the buffet and a drink will cost the equivalent of about £1.50!
This is one of my favourite places to eat so I highly recommend it.

Pros: Delicious, Cheap, Wide selection
Cons: Food court can be difficult to find
RII
RII

Agree, take out is best

3 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2012

We tried to go for dinner. It was the only stall closed at that food court.

Only open for lunch and the food was good with a good variety of local veg options.

Other observations:
It is really hard to find, as the shopping center has 2 or 3 names and even the security guard had not heard of Le Tian. Just keep asking for the food court on the 4th floor.

As mentioned in another review, bring your own containers, get them filled and take it out. We made a run for it. In our opinion, that "food court" is not a great place to eat or even breathe. It was pretty bad.

The food might be OK, but for ambiance, we prefer the vegetarian corner at the food court of the nearby Berjaya Times Square mall.

Updated from previous review on Wednesday June 06, 2012

Pros: Good food, Reasonable prices
Cons: Funky food court
johnson tapioca
johnson tapioca

Great value, lots of options

4 Posted on 07 / 17 / 2011

Definitely a worthy place to eat if you're shopping in Sg Wang Plaza, BB Plaza, or close by. Loads of buffet options - some are a little on the greasy side but can be avoided - and extremely cheap! Tip for finding the place - grab a plaza map from the information desk - will save you heaps of time.

Pros: Good value, Good range, Buffet

veganmiam
veganmiam

Fantastic Vegan Friendly Buffet

5 Posted on 04 / 22 / 2009

Le Tian is the proud product of my internet browsing. Since the restaurant doesn't appear on Happy Cow it felt like quite the accomplishment when I uncovered an article a few days back in the local paper about it. Not only do they have the largest buffet we've come across but they also have an impressive selection of vegan sweets.
We, as a vegan friendly couple went to Le Tian for lunch, and it marks the start of our plastic container lunch plan. That just means that from here on out, whenever we go to Le Tian we will use our plastic containers to dish up our meals from the buffets and return back to the apartment to eat.
The walk there was tolerable, the heat wasn't too bad and there was decent cloud cover. Sungei Wang Plaza has the slowest damn elevators ever.  The floors aren't that tall so it travels a short distance, it stops on every last floor, it won't go up until it finishes going down, there are only two in the area of the restaurant (and the escalators are long and complicated since they don't all reach the 4th floor) and they just seem to take forever.  We finally made it up to the 4th floor though and got our lunchbox out to serve up some rice.
Fortunately, arriving a bit early at 11:15am, the restaurant was open. I popped the container open and the old man shoveled some rice into it with a small plate. He hesitated and asked me if I wanted more, it was plenty though. Most of the dishes were familiar but there were also a few new soya dishes, so I mixed them together and proceeded to the baked/sweets rack. The selection wasn't as good this time but they had a few new things. I popped two round sugar donuts, a long chinese donut that looks a bit like a churro but without any sugar on it and a turnip/radish/carrot cake (depending on where you are from) on some small bags to accompany the meal and I was set. The total: RM12 (8 for the rice and 4 for the sweets)
The sweets rack was nearly empty and didn't include anything appealing to us so we passed on those.  Instead we ordered a big baozi (not sure what was in it when we ordered it, it had a bbq soya filling), a lotus leaf wrapped rice, a rice noodle roll filled with vegetables and a good serving of dishes on top of the rice.  Total: RM14 (about $4).
We ate the bao on the way out of the mall - the dough was warm and soft while the filling was sweet, savory and just a little juicy.  The texture was right, just out of the steam case so it was hot and moist without being scolding hot or soggy.  I

Pros: Excellent flavored foods, Good prices, hot and served
Cons: no air conditioning, can be a little hot in the food court, elevator takes a long time to get there
  • veganmiam veganmiam

Btw, check out our NEW PHOTOS above!!!!

Dear Owner and Manager of Le Tian Vegetarian Stall: