Serves meat, veg options available. Le Soleil Brille pour tout le mond usually offers several vegetarian options. Generous portions. Reservations may be necessary. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Organic, French, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
13, rue des Cloutiers
La Rochelle, France 17000
05-46411142

Call for hours - tell us

• Cash only

First Review by Pinto Bean
Sandrachelsie
Sandrachelsie

la Rochelle

Posted on 05 / 01 / 2010

Good food with fresh ingredients, local wine and good service.

Pinto Bean
Pinto Bean

Le Soleil Brille

Posted on 09 / 18 / 2009

After finding that a restaurant listed as 100% vegetarian on Happy Cow had since closed down, hungry and sad in La Rochelle, France, we were recommended "Le Soleil Brille pour tout le monde" by the Tourist Info lady as one which might be willing to accommodate my needs for both a vegetarian and dairy-free meal along with my intollerances to various common ingredients. Having experienced many a dire offering at non-veggie restaurants in the past, I was HUGELY impressed by the very friendly and careful chef who took great pains to find out what I could and could not eat and gave me the best mixed salad with nuts and a fried grain thing, all beautifully presented, that I have ever had outside of a veggie restaurant. Huge plate and very reasonably priced. I was greatly touched by the good-hearted concern and efforts to feed me, despite it not advertising itself as catering for vegetarians or 'special diets' from the outside. The owner said he was used to catering for people from all over the world (the restaurant has won many awards from a back packers' organisation) and so had had a lot of experience of catering for differing dietary needs. My partner - alas, non-veggie - thoroughly enjoyed his meal too.

Dear Owner and Manager of Le Soleil Brille: