CLOSED: Le Passage Oblige

Serves meat, veg options available. Formerly the all veg La Victoire Supreme du Coeur, but re-designed and opened in October 2009 to include meat dishes in addition to vegetarian and vegan. Has veggie burger, quinoa, and seitan but also bewared of fois goie. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, French, Western, Non-veg
29 rue Du Bourg Tibourg (rue Rivoli, Marais district)
Paris, France 75004
0140419503

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by estefinparis
JenniferKoukla
JenniferKoukla
  • herbivore

Happy to find Vegan Options in the Marais

4 Posted on 09 / 11 / 2013

I wanted a break from all the falafel I was eating in the Marais, so I was happy to find this place. Creative vegetarian and vegan options. Meat options too if you have people in your party that are not vegan. The place is well located, service was good, food was creative. A good option for everyone.

Pros: Location, Creativity, Service
Zmeika
Zmeika

Passage interdit

2 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2013

First of all, I'd like to notice that I went to this resto when there was no review on a happycow. The dinner was good and we liked the ambiance. So, we came back few times. I don't know what happened to this place, but the food looks like it has been prepared in advance and kinda heated in the microwave.
We even had to return our dessert, it was smelling the fridge.
I guess 29 euros per person is not about frozen food.
On the weekends it is always crowdy, thus a reservation is required.

Pros: decor
Cons: frozen food, prices

kuuupo
kuuupo

Friendly and relaxed

4 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2013

I ate here in March '13. We found the service really welcoming and the restaurant had a relaxed atmosphere. Our server spoke good English and we were offered menus in English too. While the vegan options weren't extensive, there was enough choice and I was pleased that my non-veg boyfriend also had more choice than usual. I thoroughly enjoyed my main course (the seitan burger) and would visit again. However, vegans should ask about the ingredients before ordering as one dish containing honey was labelled as vegan.

Pros: Warm service, Relaxed atmosphere, lively area, Not too expensive/decent portions
Cons: Does still serve foie gras
AnnFromIllinois
AnnFromIllinois

Several good vegan options

4 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2012

I have never seen what the restaurant used to be, but I was super pleased to find a restaurant with vegan options on the menu -- a rarity for Paris! I really enjoyed the mushroom roast and my hubby liked the burger. The restaurant was very pleasant, and in a great neighborhood. I'd definitely go back.

Pros: Tasty food, Great neighborhood, Comfortable
Cons: Serves meat
veganmiss
veganmiss

Pretty Good Dinner

3 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2011

Le Passage Obligé is not strictly vegetarian or vegan. It used to be until 2009. They are now vegan/vegetarian-friendly. I started out with a fried onion salad which was very good! After eating part of my salad, I had their wild mushroom roast with blackberry ginger sauce and three vegetable puree. The roast was a bit dry, but the sauce was very good. I burnt my mouth on the puree! It was so hot.

Overall, it was a decent choice of restaurant for vegan options. Their menu is marked "(v)" for vegan and "(vv)" for vegetarian. My onion salad was the only vegan appetizer and there was one other vegan entree. There were no vegan desserts.

I don't know much about vegan things in Paris, but I hope they get more restaurants! With such culinary history, I'm sure they could do wonders in Paris with our lovely friend, the vegetable.

For a complete review, please see my blog here: http://veganmiss.blogspot.com/2010/09/vegan-paris-part-two.html

Pros: vegan friendly, marked menu
Cons: needs more vegan options
Olive
Olive

Worth only for sunday's brunch...

3 Posted on 12 / 09 / 2011

This place was a fully vegetarian restaurant, and it's not anymore so you can find there full meat dishes... but besides this, it's a good restaurant !

The food is tasty (the desserts are really good !) but portions are small and it's expensive...
The staff : it depends...

On sundays at noon, it's an "all you can eat and drink" for 20€ !
Then it's worth : you have a large choice of appertizers, entrees, desserts and drinks !!!

Pros: great on sunday at noon !, tasty food, (especially desserts !)
Cons: expensive, some workers are rude
Niels Van Och
Niels Van Och

Decent, but the magic is gone

3 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2011

While I agree with other posters that this restaurant should definately not be serving foie gras and that it used to be much better, I'd like to share a little about the actual vegetarian options here.

We dined here recently and found it ok, but not much more. Our entrees were a bruschetta of green asparagus and a terrine of mushrooms with fig chutney. It was tasty and plentiful, but nothing special. We both had the vegetarian burger (bun and seitan burger with rösti on top), which was excellent. But unfortunately it was served with just a heap of rocket salad with dressing, which just won't cut it. Desserts were quite good though.

The service was friendly and speedy, and prices were quite reasonable (especially for Paris).

All in all a decent place to visit, but not great.

Pros: decent food, decent service, decent prices
Cons: lots of meat, bland salads
O-liv
O-liv

Very disapointed

1 Posted on 12 / 22 / 2010

I used to love this restaurant, one of my favorite in Paris. But then it closed, and reopened offering big chunks of meat, and, worst of all, foie gras. How can a formaly vegetarian, even nealy 100% vegan restaurant now serve foie gras, a cruel dish that even a large number of meat-eaters refuse to eat? Anyone who is vegetarian or vegan for animals should avoid this place.

Cons: serves foie gras
rthalley
rthalley

Brunch was good!

4 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2010

We ate Sunday brunch here in June of 2010. The Sunday brunch is all-you-can-eat buffet-style and costs 20 euros per person. There was a really good selection of food, almost all of which was vegetarian. There were many vegan dishes, and the vegan curries were especially tasty. We enjoyed the buffet as it allowed us to taste almost everything the restaurant makes. A wide variety of desserts were available.

We found this restaurant while exploring the Marais, and were glad to find a place that was so vegetarian-friendly.

estefinparis
estefinparis

Animal lovers stay away

1 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2009

What a disappointment! La Victoire Suprême du Coeur, one of Paris' few fully veg restaurants, closed and replaced by Le Pas-Sage Obligé. Listed as veg-friendly here, it definitely includes an above average selection of veg alternatives. But how sad to find in the menu, next to favourites such as the escalope de seitan, a cheese burger, a steak-chicken-bacon combo... Worst of all, the menu now includes foie gras, one of the cruelest inventions of French cuisine. This should be reason enough for animal lovers to stay away. Au revoir, VS du Coeur.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Le Passage Oblige: