Le Pain Quotidien - Melrose...

Serves meat, veg options available. International restaurant chain featuring artisan bakery and communal table. Menu includes several ovo-lacto vegetarian dishes as well as vegan ones (denoted by carrot sign). Usually a vegan scone or vegan muffin. Rustic country house setting. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Western, Bakery, Non-veg
8607 Melrose Ave (N San Vicente Blvd)
West Hollywood, California 90069
310-854-3700

Call for hours - tell us

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Chia
Rongie
Rongie

Quaint and Delicious

4 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2012

My husband and I have been long time fans of Le Pain Quotidien's on both coasts, but this little country house setting is one of our favorites. As vegans, we find enough delectable, cleary marked options (breakfast, lunch and early evening) and their organic coffees with vegan friendly milk choices are amazing. Fare is light and fresh, and their breads takes us back to Provincial France.

Pros: Location, Quaint setting, Variety of options
Cons: Parking
Chia
Chia

Nice surprises & vegan friendly

4 Posted on 02 / 13 / 2012

Was just here in October 2011 and here's my review for HappyCow. I was walking in the neighborhood and hadn't planned on coming to this restaurant, but once I saw it, I thought it seems attractive from the street and decided to check out the menu. I've been to a few other Le Pain Quotidien locations before and wasn't super impressed, but this one was different.

First of all, the atmopshere is inviting and quaint. Felt like I was in a beautiful little country house with a sweet deck (patio seating). It's warm inside, and the counter is filled with fresh baked artisan breads and pastries.

I got a vegan cherry scone (good but a bit dry / may have been baked from previous day?), a loaf of olive thyme bread (yummy), and a loaf of 5 grain with raisin bread (excellent). The breads are not cheap but they taste very hearty and wholesome.

I perused the menu and was nicely surprised to see that there were actually a good range of vegan options, which are all marked clearly.

Pros: good bread, inviting atmosphere, friendly servers

Dear Owner and Manager of Le Pain Quotidien - Melrose Ave: