Serves meat, veg options available. International restaurant chain featuring artisan bakery and communal table. Menu includes several ovo-lacto vegetarian dishes as well as vegan ones (denote by carrot sign). Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Beer/Wine, Bakery, Non-veg

Gijs
Gijs

Very healthy food

Posted on 04 / 29 / 2014

This restaurant has vegan options marked on the menu, but they are only a few. You basically get a salad with some slices of bread and you pay more than €15 for it. I wasn't charged for an extra basket of bread, though, and all together it was enough to feed my appetite and was very tasty and healthy. The waitress serving me spoke English very well, but wasn't completely informed about what vegan means. I would have liked a dessert, but there were no vegan options.

Pros: vegan options, good taste, healthy food
Cons: expensive, only one or two vegan options
FluffySheep
FluffySheep

Not bad

Posted on 04 / 22 / 2014

Nice place with simple but good food in the center of Lille. Like the description says, it is not a vegetarian place, but has vegetarian and vegan menu options.

For a clueless tourist like myself the concept was a little confusing. There are several daily specials which are not on the menu and which are not very clearly described. If you order one of these, make sure you ask if they are vegetarian/vegan.

I saw a lady at another table get a huge salad which looked vegan as far as I could tell. I have not often seen a plate that full of vegetables in this area, where the local cuisine is dominated by meat and cheese.

Pros: Nice decor, Fresh food
Cons: Menu options not clearly described

Dear Owner and Manager of Le Pain Quotidien: