Serves meat, veg options available. International restaurant chain featuring artisan bakery and communal table. Menu includes several ovo-lacto vegetarian dishes, a few vegan items, vegan muffin, and coffee with soya milk--all marked. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Western, European, Non-veg
Kalandeberg 10
Ghent, Belgium 9000
+32-92241879

Open Mon-Sat 7am-7pm, Sun 8am-6pm.

First Review by Petesternz

Loved it!!!

4 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2012

Perhaps my favourite place in Ghent, though that's probably because I am a sucker for beautiful cafes with wood flooring, wood benches and a communal atmosphere. Great coffee, the best bread I had in Belgium, and a vegan friendly menu certainly helps. To be clear, the menu has only one or two clearly demarcated vegan options - and the prices are not cheap. But I really didn't care. Everything was of such high quality, and the atmosphere so lovely (in the heart of Ghent) that I fell in love with this beautiful spot, and you will too, if you visit. There are at least two vegan dishes, and they have a vegan chocolate spread (real treat). I enjoyed a simple baguette (delicious) with jams (try the marvellous Morello Cherry) and coffee, and would go back in a heartbeat. Loved this place. Again, if Happy Cow allowed it, I'd give it five cows, but this is not permitted with veggie-friendly places. They have English and French menus - ask.

Pros: Atmosphere, friendly service
Cons: Pricey

Dear Owner and Manager of Le Pain Quotidien: