Serves meat, veg options available. International restaurant chain featuring organic artisan bakery and communal table. Menu includes several ovo-lacto vegetarian dishes and a few vegan ones plus a vegan muffin. Food service stops 1 hour before closing. Many locations in Belgium. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Western, Bakery, Non-veg

Amy1274
Amy1274

Too claustrophobic for me

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2014

I like the Le Pain restaurants in Amsterdam so thought I'd try one of the Brussels venues too, and chose this one as it was mid- morning and it had been recommended to me for breakfast. Trouble is – breakfast seems to be so popular there that I had to give up and go to a different one of the chain for an early lunch instead. The small seating area was almost full, and blocked by the take-away queue, with both staff and customers pushing through roughly. Perhaps the food is great, but I knew I wouldn't be able to relax in such a busy place, and from what I observed, the service was rather slow. I'd recommend arriving at opening time, or perhaps later in the day is quieter, or perhaps I was juts unlucky! With regards to vegan options, the daily blackboard had only the soup and drinks marked as vegan – I couldn't get a look at the regular menu, but the take-away menu didn't have that much for vegans.
Updated from previous review on Saturday October 18, 2014

Pros: location, long opening hours
Cons: size, vegan options
Tara HD
Tara HD

Clearly marked vegan items

Posted on 11 / 05 / 2012

I went to the branch in Rue des Sablons 11. There the vegan items were clearly marked on the menu and soya milk was available. I just had coffee with soya milk, so cannot comment on the quality of their food but at least it seems they improved their menus for vegans.

Pros: vegan items clearly marked, soya milk
wribln
wribln

Family style

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2012

A small room with a huge table in the middle and small tables on the sides plus two small tables outside: The efficient service provides you with bread and you help yourself with the delicious spreads available on the tables. The family style, the simplicity of the room, and the good food made us feel at home.

Pros: good value, efficient service, free choice of spreads

Julie26
Julie26

Vegan Muffins

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2012

They have the most amazing vegan muffins (Blueberry and Apple Cinnamon) and some other vegan options (all indicated with a little carrot on their menu). Unfortunately, their staff isn't always the nicest and some have never even heard of the word 'vegan'. Another negative is that they don't serve any rice or soy milk (only cow's milk). It's also a bit pricey (and even more expensive when you eat in).

Pros: great vegan muffins, vegan food indicated
Cons: price, staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Le Pain Quotidien: