Le Pain Quotidien

Serves meat, veg options available. International restaurant chain featuring artisan bakery and communal table. Menu includes several ovo-lacto vegetarian dishes, plus a vegan breakfast item, vegan muffin, and coffee with soya milk. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Western, European, Bakery, Non-veg
Philip Stockstraat 21, Brugge
Bruges, Belgium 8000
+32-50336050

Open Mon-Sat 7am-7pm, Sun 8am-6pm.

First Review by Sunnytraveller
magnolily
magnolily

Great place nice people!

4 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2013

I am vegan so I was looking for places in Bruges where I could eat during my stay and this was the first place where I went. This is a lovely place with lovely staff! I went there just before the closing time and though they have already closed the kitchen, they immediately have opened it for me and made me a wonderful lunch (dinner). I had Soup of the Day (Courgette soup with Coriander) and for the main I choose the Asian plate. They were kind and helpful.

Pros: Reasonable price, Delicious, excellent food, Friendly staff
kuuupo
kuuupo

Lovely cafe with good service

4 Posted on 08 / 12 / 2013

We had lunch here and found the soup of the day (tomato) tasty and generous. The dishes we chose as our mains were also nice, but perhaps a bit small for the price and a bit lighter than we were expecting. However, it was still an enjoyable meal and a relief to find somewhere so nice to sit down, with a well-labelled menu with several vegan options and an efficient and helpful staff.

Pros: clear labelling, tasty soup with plenty of bread, beautiful interior
Cons: on the pricey side
Pandoro
Pandoro

Great for coffee and a muffin, bad for lunch

2 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2013

Having enjoyed a great coffee with a decent muffin (4.10 Euros when staying, 3 Euros take away) in this place, we decided we would like to take lunch here on another day. However one disaster followed the other:
- the soup of the day was nearly cold
- the second soup was rather untasty
- the bread was only ok (from the day before?)
- we had ordered hot chocolate with soy-milk and we were served hot chocolate with cows milk instead >:(

The quinoa salad was quite tasty though. We do recommend the muffins (apple / blueberry), however they seem to be sold out by noon (we got the last muffin on both occasions).

Overall: Nice atmosphere but rather expensive food that is very disappointing. Few vegan options.

Pros: decent muffins, nice atmosphere
Cons: expensive, disappointing food, few vegan options
Sunnytraveller
Sunnytraveller

Great, tasty food!

4 Posted on 07 / 23 / 2012

Hi all,

I highly recommend this place for lunch/daytime (not open at night). Really tasty organic food. It has heaps of vego options, and importantly VEGAN options. The 2 vegan dishes we tried were fantastic!

So please remember this place when you go to Bruges. Unfortunately over the summer many vego restaurants are closed for the holidays (very distressing for a vego of 16 years!), but it was a real treat to find this place and get some great food -really really tasty.

Also, when I emailed one restaurant they sent me the following options in Bruges:

De Bron in Katelijnestraat (only during the day and not in the weekends);
Patrick De Vos in Zilverstraat has a special vegetarian menu (but is a
real gourmet restaurant and therefore not cheap).
Indian Restaurant Bhavani, they always have vegterian dishes.

Thank you! :)