Serves meat, veg options available. Chain bakery branch in the Frankfurt main station (go to the same level as platform 12). Sells baked goods, sandwiches, and hot drinks. Offers vegan baguettes filled with either tofu, basil and tomato, or herb spread and cucumber. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Fast food, Take-out, Bakery, French, Non-veg
im Hauptbahnhof (main station)
Frankfurt, Germany 60329

Laudi
Laudi

Good Vegan Sandwiches

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2015

I don't really get the bad reviews. I've been vegan for over 15 years now and if I'd only eaten in places in Frankfurt where only vegan options are available,well I'd only eaten at home. I am happy about every vegan option added to any menu at any place. The two vegan sandwiches they are offering are actually quite good. Given the fact they are often sold out means I'm obviously not the only one going for a vegan lunch snack on their way to work;-).

Pros: Tasty
Cons: Not Much Variety, Tofu Slices A Bit Thick For My Taste
Tank242

Only for the desperate vegan traveller

Posted on 05 / 11 / 2015

I get the impression that this venue uses the vegan label very opportunistic.

Today I had the possibility to test the vegan baguette.
It consists of a plain multigrain roll,three tomato slices, several slices of basil-tofu and 2 leaves of fresh basil, price tag: 3,60 Euros.

It tasted like expected pretty dry and just like a mediocre sandwich would taste.

So what was missing? For a sophisticated vegan food: a nice (avocado) cream or something similar. Or the choice between several products. And the love for preparing good food...

Le CroBag leaves the impression that the chain wants to be present in an app like this and thus position themselves with a vegan alibi.

In my opinion they have no right to be listed here, just like any other plain vanilla bakery, italian restaurant or asian place.

Hell, they don't even offer plant milk options for your coffee!!! One could list McDonald's for their vegetarian burger it the vegan fruit snack as well. Corporate spam!

Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 05, 2014

Updated from previous review on Tuesday August 05, 2014

Pros: central, fast
Cons: Only one vegan product available, Not better than any other bakery, No plant milk
    J-Veg

Hey there Tank242,

Although I agree with your review of the food itself, I disagree that this kind of listing doesn't have a place on HappyCow. Yes, it may only be appealing to the desperate vegan traveller, but at least the desperate vegan traveller has something they can quickly grab and eat on the way. If they see that there is a demand for vegan food and drink, I am sure they will expand their range.

Tank242

Tja, J-Veg, as you have listed all CroBags in Germany, why do not list Starbucks as well? With all respect: I get a strong impression that you are either related to this chain or just a little fixed on your Happy-Cow Status.

Amy1274
Amy1274

Not the best, not the worst

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2014

I've tried both vegan sandwiches and personally think the tofu one is nicer. Neither are good value when you consider what it would cost to make something similar at home, but sometimes convenience wins over price and I do think it's important to show big chains like this that there is a demand for vegan food. Staff could be friendlier in this location though.

dicer
dicer

Vegan snacks

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2014

Can't understand the other reviews here: yes, they sell mostly non vegan items. One has to consider though that this is a test run and they try to see how vegan baguettes are selling. So I think this has its place here and we should show our support to companies that are trying to offer vegan items. Havent found many other bakeries in Germany that offer vegan food (except plain bread of course).

I like both their bread rolls. Very yummy when you need a quick snack while changing trains. If you are looking for real lunch/dinner: There is a partly vegan restaurant just a few meters away.

Pros: quick snack
Cons: limited choices (still)
vegetariandood

Corporate spam from CroBag. HappyCow: delete this.

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2014

Corporate spam from CroBag. HappyCow: delete this. CroBag is not better and no worse than any standard German bakery regarding vegans and vegetarians.

J-Veg

Hey there vegetariandood,

This is a very cynical approach to the topic. Although I agree that Le Crobag may not be the most vegan friendly place in town, I disagree that this kind of listing doesn't have a place on HappyCow, since there isn't to my knowledge much other choice nearby. Plus, if large companies like Le Crobag see that there is a demand for vegan food and drink, I am sure they will expand their range, which can only be good for the animals, regardless of the company's motivation.

vegetariandood

If you look at the amount of CroBags around Germany that are in the database, it was obviously corporate mandated systematic spam. This is undesirable. I hope Happy Cow listened and deleted CroBag.

Dear Owner and Manager of Le Crobag: