Le Cagibi

o0Carolyn0o
o0Carolyn0o

Nice neighbourhood spot

4 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2014

I enjoy going here to meet up with friends, or read a book. There are lots of old parlour-style couches and chairs. The food is not expensive and usually pretty good. If you're really hungry, get the BBQ tofu wrap. I also really like the tofu scramble in their brunch.

Pros: cozy, good value
Cons: can be hard to find a seat sometimes
SineadTheNerd
SineadTheNerd

sad face.

2 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2013

I used to love this place when I lived in Montreal, but during my last visit, had the worst soy latte of my trip (bitter, mostly foam, about 1/3 cup of actual liquid), and a sandy cookie. They use the cheapest soy milk available, which... shows in the taste and non-creamyness. Sadface, and expensive enough that just packing up and going elsewhere to buy another coffee isn't a tempting option. I hope that this was just a fluke, but I won't be coming back to check, given the other excellent vegan options in the area.

Babette
Babette

Very nice place

5 Posted on 04 / 06 / 2013

Le Cagibi is a great place for students or anyone looking for a place to relax a bit.

There are a lot of vegan options, coffee is excellent.

This is a very hippyish place that looks a bit run-down, but it's very cozy.

Pros: good value, nice vibe
Cons: staff not always friendly
Alli
Alli

Good food, reasonable prices

4 Posted on 06 / 25 / 2010

Le Cagibi was a good vegan-friendly stop on our recent trip to Montreal. My husband is vegan & had the veggie burger, while I tried the quesadilla. Both were very good.

The cafe is pleasantly eclectic in decor, with more of an artsy, coffee shop feel to it. You go up to the counter to order & then sit wherever you'd like. The staff were very upbeat & friendly. There was a DJ playing on the side which made the ambiance even better. The music was great & not at all too loud to talk with one another.

I could see us going to Le Cagibi at least a couple times a month if we lived in Montreal. We will definitely return.

Pros: Tasty food, Reasonable prices, Nice staff & good ambiance
Petesternz
Petesternz

Great place to hang out

4 Posted on 04 / 20 / 2010

I liked Le Cagibi very very much. It is a great place to hang out, with free wireless, a friendly vibe, and good music. I actually liked the place a bit more than the food. The food was good, for sure, but not great, and not nearly as good as Panthere Verte, which is just around the corner. The lentil soup was too watery for my liking, and the cookies just adequate. Still, it's a good menu, and is worth the visit just for the atmosphere alone. Wonderful selection of teas, snacks and drinks. Music at night too.

Pros: fair pricing, great venue

TRaeCH
TRaeCH

Excellent option if in the area or out late

4 Posted on 11 / 18 / 2009

While out with a vegetarian friend and a non-vegetarian who is very receptive to the idea of eating good vegetarian food we trekked out to Le Cagibi. We each loved our food - the croque-chevre (an open-faced sandwich with goat cheese), veggie burger and chili. The three of us split a decadent chocolate brownie for dessert.

What is most remarkable about Le Cagibi is certainly the ambience: dim, carefree-contemporary decor, a grab-bag of who-knows-what on the shelved walls with a 2nd room where there are frequently local music acts playing. For a small restaurant they also offer a nice variety in terms of drinks - from juices to tea to alcohol and alcoholic drinks - breakfast items, both healthy and comfort foods, desserts and late-night eats (served until 3 am).

Le Cagibi is an excellent, unique resto that is very "Montreal."

Pros: Decor, Live music, Good food
bete_noire
bete_noire

i love cagibi

5 Posted on 11 / 10 / 2008

i go to cagibi at least 1-2 a month. the food is delicious and on the cheap side. there is a nice selection on the menu and staff has always been friendly so far. no matter how busy, the service is always quick.
the cafe has a very hippyish vibe, with mis-matching chairs and tables, but this only adds to the unpretentious and down-to-earth ambiance. there is also free wireless internet and a library shelf full of fictional and non-fictional books on many subjects. this is a typical hipster hang-out with local folksy/acoustic acts on almost every night in the 2nd room (the café has two rooms and if you don't want to see the music show you can always sit in the other room. however, most shows are free or PWYC and you're bound to discover some good local music acts, so might as well have your dinner in the 2nd room).

Pros: food, price , staff & ambiance

Dear Owner and Manager of Le Cagibi: