A very small shop in downtown, next to Bio ABC natural foods market. Has around 7 seats and is crowded at lunch time. SEPT 2014 REPORTED SHUT. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Hungarian, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by gr8vegan
VeganChristianGal
VeganChristianGal

A great grab and go place

5 Posted on 06 / 12 / 2014

This place doesn't open on weekend:( because it kind of just serve people from the university cross the street. Food is all vegan and some raw vegan food:) I like their food :) so healthy and tasty:) I come to this place all the time:) there is a organic store next to it, so this is my most come place:) I wish they don't use plastic bowl or plate:( they already made all the food, so you just grad and go:) I like their pasta, indian dishes, and soup:) they have amazing desserts as well:)

Pros: Healthy, Fast, Not expensive
Cons: Not really a restaurant, Plastic plates and bowls
jencompgeek
jencompgeek

Cheap and tasty

5 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2014

The shop offers a weekly menu selection of 5 or 6 different hot items a day, all of which sounded delicious. We had the lasagna and it was excellent. Didn't try the deserts, but they looked quite good. The staff spoke English and the food was incredibly inexpensive. As already stated, it was very crowded and we had to eat standing up, but the food was so good it was worth it.

Pros: delicious, inexpensive, friendly staff
Cons: crowded
SoniaTompson
SoniaTompson
  • raw

excellent value

4 Posted on 11 / 13 / 2013

Just been in at 12.30. It was busy but there were seats. I had the Lasanga and broccoli soup, very tasty and only cost 2.90 UK pounds about 1050 forint. Staff spoke English and helpful, Def recommend, will be back this week.

Pros: good food, inexpensive, central location
Cons: small, few seats

shinyuu
shinyuu

Le Budapest

4 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2013

Nice, small place in the city center. Smiling and helpful guy behind the counter speaking English. Very tasty. A little crowded place (sometimes you have to wait for seat). I would like to stay for longer but it's a place for fast eating. Very low prices. I recommend without doubt ;-)

Pros: tasty, price
Cons: it's so tiny.... ;-)
student75
student75

nice little fast food location

4 Posted on 09 / 08 / 2013

nice little "fast" food location in budapest! has weekly menus and different meals to choose from. Soups, cakes, etc. complete the weekly menues! in the evening small selection (naturally cause of the daily menu)! gerat place healthy good food

Pros: fast, cheap, tasty
Cons: selection
Happymouse
Happymouse

Great food

5 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2013

We bought a lasagne and a berry dessert and both was cheap and very delicious. Finding a place around lunch time will be a challenge but perfect to-go!
If you want to eat it on the way, ask for a heated portion as we got a cold lasagne when we said to take away. Still very delicious though :-)
See as well:

Pros: Delicious, Cheap
mattisprobablytaken
mattisprobablytaken

great place! worth checking out.

5 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2013

Small place, but great food and nice staff. The best option would be to grab the plate with everything for around 900huf. All the food is great and reasonably priced. The vegan desserts are worth checking out to.

:-)

Pros: great food, friendly staff
Cons: not much seating, service could be better
earthville
earthville

Good desserts, fresh juices, good value

4 Posted on 06 / 19 / 2013

What i liked most about Le-bar was the desserts and fresh juices. The hot food menu is a bit limited, but good. I came around 2:00 and it was half-empty so i had no trouble finding a seat.

Pros: Good desserts, fresh juices, all veagn
Sanyi
Sanyi

I love it!

4 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2013

One of my favorite veg place in Budapest!

Pros: tasty, cheap
Cons: small place
BjornH
BjornH
  • non-vegetarian

Unbeatable for value!

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2013

I had a very nice lunch here, which cost me only 950 HUF or about two pounds/three dollars. The next day I could have had lasagna for even less. I could not believe how cheap it was or how tasty for the money. I suppose they keep the price low to appeal to the many students across the street. I would happily eat there again.

Pros: Incredibly cheap, Nice variety of food, Quick and easy
Cons: Not much room inside, Paper plate and plastic cutlery
andreacarioca
andreacarioca

Simple and Good!

4 Posted on 05 / 02 / 2013

This is a small bar in front of the Hungarian National Museum and close to university, and it serves simple but well prepared food. Everything is vegan, but some deserts contain honey. The place is simple, food is served in disposable plastic and paper plates, but all the dishes and deserts I've eaten there were very tasty. It is simple, so they are really not English speakers, although the lady helped me her best - bring a dictionary or choose by the look! Be surprised! I recommend the food and the place, just don't expect it to be a restaurant for travelers.

Pros: tasty, cheap, easy
Cons: plastic utensils, small place, no english
das_efchen
das_efchen

did not like this place!

2 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2012

No english spoken!
Staff was realy unfriendly and hasty...
small portions...
I had a realy small salat and a cake for 1000 huf... I tried this cake, that was realy nice so I wanted to try more home and bought 2 other cakes. But the other 2 ones did not taste like anything. disgusting!
small place...I realy did not feel good here...
I dont want to go there ever!

Pros: vegan
Cons: expensive, disgusting, small
mluria
mluria

Inexpensive well located vegan lunch bar

3 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2012

We had a quick lunch here while walking around Budapest. The food was good, in particular the potatoes, and very inexpensive, we shared that "meal" for about 800 forints.

The place itself only had about 7 bar stools, and was very stuffy, but we went outside and ate on the steps next door. The best food was actually the desserts, which come from the health food store (it's actually all part of the same place).

I would check back in a few months, the manager of the store told me that they had rented another location down the street, and were planning on expanding the restaurant some time in the fall of 2012.

Pros: inexpensive, good food
coi
coi

Great place

4 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2012

we've been there yesterday and are absolutely satisfied and happy. Luckily we went to this place. I can't understand the bad refernces. The food is cheap and very very tasty. Had a big and fantastic cream cake ad a lot of other stuff that was just georgeous. It is a small place, yes, but I think one can live with that. The only thing I don't like is that they serve the food in plastic dishes what is very bad for environment.

Pros: Prize, Taste, Big offer
Cons: Small Place, Plastic dishes, Bad English
malinolsson
malinolsson

Really disappointing...

2 Posted on 09 / 18 / 2011

We had lunch at Le Bar twice during our stay in Budapest. The first visit was average, I guess - the food was okay but not great. The second visit though was hugely disappointing; everything tasted old and un-fresh. There were flies everywhere (on the food and the cakes, and in the juice). AND the woman behind the counter blew her nose directly over our food while preparing our order, which made me pretty disgusted. She couldn't speak any english either.

Pros: Very cheap
Cons: Un-fresh/old food, A lot of flies, No english spoken
withskieslikethese
withskieslikethese

Not that great

2 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2011

After reading the reviews that others had left, I was really excited to try this place out and it was incredibly convenient as it was located 350m from where I was staying. The first day was okay and I just ordered the "vegan menu" of potato, salad, buckwheat ball, spicy tofu and lentils for 850FT because the woman working spoke no English. It tasted okay but the salad was old and going brown. The following day, I went back and got the vegan menu again which, this time, was potato, a buckwheat ball, vegetable stew, spicy tofu (which was slightly burnt) and brown/old salad again. I also order an apple turnover - it was the only dessert/cake NOT covered in flies.... and it tasted quite old too. I got a "fresh" orange juice as well but it was made from old/expired oranges and there were fruit flies in it.
I guess it's an okay place to go if it's close by and you're desperately in need of vegan food - I know it's difficult to come by in Hungary! - but it's not worth going to if you're going there especially for that.

Pros: Vegan, Easy, Cheap
Cons: No English, Old food, Flies
Placek
Placek

Good Vegan Food

4 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2011

The place offers a wide selection of vegan dished from fast food to traditional Hungarian dishes. Ah and the desserts of course. There is a daily menu, and you can also order seperate dishes. The place is run by the organic food store just next to it. There are like 6 chairs inside so it is advised to take it out and eat it in the park just opposite the buffet (National Museum).
Prices are reasonable though the portions could be a bit larger, also I love eating spicy food, therefore, in my view the meals are a bit tasteless especially when it comes to tofu.
It gets really crowded at around lunch time. Staff does not speak English at all though you can just point on the meals you wish to eat. As for desserts I am not sure that everthing is vegan, I am a bit suspicious when it comes to that. It is always best to ask if it has honey in it.
All in all: location perfect, reasonable pricing, good vegan food

Pros: good location, easy to find, reasonable pricing, wide selection of meals
Cons: tiny place, English is not spoken
Miss.Muesli
Miss.Muesli

Best vegan lunch in town

5 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2011

If you are a vegan is Budapest, this is the best place for a quick, nutricious, inexpensive lunch. The daily offers are the best options, they consist of raw veggies, cooked veggies, a veggie or tofu burger, deliciously flavoured tofu and some wheat all in a huge porction for 850 HUF, but there are other meals as well, tofu burgers, salads, cakes,soup of the day, crackers pancaces, etc. The only problem with this palce is that it's a small buffee type of thing with only 6 chairs and two more places for standing. So take away is the best, you can eat your meal at the park of the National Museum just across the eatery. The staff doesn't speak much English and they are always hurried, but you can point at what you want. And they also serve freshly squized juices.

Pros: delicious food, very healthy, huge portions
Cons: small buffee, not so nice stuff
veganuniverse
veganuniverse

Nice but small

4 Posted on 10 / 08 / 2009

Two of us arrived there a bit late for lunch time, but it was crowded. We stood in line and were able to find two seats togeher facing a wall - come to think of it all seats faced wall. Vegan Gulash was great, but the salad was a bit small and not all that fresh. Most peole in line were take-outs.

Pros: Vegan, Easy to find, line - moved fast
Cons: No English spoken, Very small
sarahsvati
sarahsvati

Great vegan food

5 Posted on 10 / 02 / 2009

This was my favorite place to eat in Budapest. To be sure, the food is nothing fancy and the place is usually crowded and hurried, but I found everything delicious.

All the food is vegan, so I could choose anything I wanted. I really enjoyed the pizza here, though it tastes quite different from traditional pizza. Also, the veggie lasagna was good. The real stars for me were the desserts. I had a pear cake and a really superb coconut cream cake.

Seriously, if you go there and they have the coconut cake, do yourself a favor and get it!

The only downside was that I couldn't find anyone who spoke English to translate for me, so every time I went, I simply pointed to what I wanted. It would have been really nice to know what everything was and what my combination options were!

Oh, and the food was cheap, cheap, cheap. A (big) slice of pizza was less than $3 and I found that sometimes they put the desserts on sale for less than $1!

Pros: Great food, Delicious desserts, CHEAP
Cons: No English
Jirko
Jirko

small

3 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2009

a really small buffet style place next to a health food store, not really a proper restaurant but more of a place to quickly go get something to eat and continue what you were doing

piffelina
piffelina

nice!

5 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2009

exactly what we needed! we had a mixed plate with everything, and a cold piece of lasagne, which was surprisingly good!

enjoyed it with a wonderful glass of freshly squeesed orange juice.

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

This place is awesome, but standing room only!

5 Posted on 05 / 14 / 2009

This is pretty much a solo adventure or you might be eating standing up! That being said, the food is amazing! They have a selection of raw vegan items, but everything is completely vegan there. I was expecting like a pizza place from the reviews, but they have soups, a hot bar, cakes, etc. The pizza is really interesting! Its tangy but its on this corn bread style crust, which is like 2 inches thick. I really enjoyed it! They don't speak English so just point :) I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I also had some potato seitan dish that was incredible along with a carrot cake and carrot juice. If you get there and its crowded just wait in line, people eat pretty quickly and you'll get a seat! Also, the grocery store its connected to has vegan cakes from a local vegan cake company so don't miss out on those!

Cons: more like a vegan food bar
  • Sonja and Dirk Sonja and Dirk

Yes, the pizza is tasty and thick! We also had yummy soups. We were there for a late lunch and got seats at the bar right away, but people were hovering when we left. Granted, we were there 2 years ago, but at the time, they brought out an employee from the back who spoke English and told us what everything was. Nice place for a quick lunch.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Le-bar: