CLOSED: LC's Gourmet...

Serves different kinds of healthy vegetarian dishes including raw foods. Fresh 100% juice from vegetables or fruits are available. With some vegetarian Thai dishes as well. Different types of coffee and tea are also available. Grows own wheat grass. Free Wi-fi. Previously named Loid Vegetarian and Raw Food Resto. FEB 2013 REPORTED SHUT DOWN/CLOSED. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Raw, Juice bar

First Review by Macbethedge
taters108
taters108

Yummy Food and Friendly Owner

5 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2013

This was the best food we had in the Philippines (and the only place we ate without getting sick). It was fairly tough to find vegetarian food in many other places in the Philippines but this place was great! There were so many options (although not everything on the menu was always available) and Loida the owner was so sweet. I would suggest going with an open mind and just asking what she recommends rather than expecting to get exactly what you see on the menu. My boyfriend mentioned that my parents love growing sprouts and she brought out her wheat-grass to show us and gave us great recommendations of what to eat. We were there several months ago so I can't remember exactly what we ordered but I remember the raw food was particularly good. I believe we had something like a raw burrito wrapped in lettuce and it was super good. The actual restaurant is just a tiny hole in the wall facing the street which might not be appealing to everyone but the food was well worth it. The sunset was also beautiful across the street!

Pros: friendly service, great raw options, yummy food
Cons: hole in the wall, not everything on menu available
Tiggy
Tiggy

A great little place

4 Posted on 01 / 08 / 2013

My partner and I hunted this place down when we were in Puerto Princesa late December 2012 and it was well worth it. It is a simple place but has a decent menu (although a couple of my choices were not available) and friendly helpful staff. We visited a few times so we got to sample a good deal of the menu sharing dishes. The food is generally good but simple. I tried a burrito, pasta with vegetables, (I was a bit surprised there was no tomato sauce but I would have known if I'd read the menu properly), Pad Thai, Thai green curry (not a great deal of exciting vegetables), spring rolls and others. Drinks were typical for the Philippines: juices, fruit shakes and a yummy cacao and cashew shake. There are vegan 'cheesecakes' for dessert, which, while delicious, are of that frozen solid variety, so they take some time and effort to eat.

The cafe opens out on to the street and takes in the bustle of the city. I didn't find this a problem. There was a band practising a few doors along one night I was there which was a great change from the 80s easy listening/pop music one frequently hears around the Philippines.

This place is really worth visiting. The owner did mention the place might be moving to a more central location in Puerto Princesa and could change its name to Loid Vegetarian, so check this before going.

Pros: Good food and varied menu, Friendly helpful staff
Cons: Some dishes not what I expected
Katwalk16
Katwalk16

A Wonderful Suprise!

4 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2012

Couldn't believe we stumbled upon this gem just outside the city. I have found it difficult to find fresh, vegetarian/vegan, delicious foods in the provinces. Service was warm and genuine. I had an amazing penne dish made with, tofu, eggplant and olives. It had a great flavor. I only wish I was staying longer, so I could try everything!

Pros: Reasonable Prices, Many Choices, Take-out available
Cons: Limited Seating

KOSMICSUPERHERO
KOSMICSUPERHERO
  • raw

AMAZING!

5 Posted on 03 / 20 / 2012

this place may be a little bit of a drive from the city, but it is absolutely worth the trip! the vegetables are FRESH EVERY SINGLE TIME. everything i've ever tasted here has been incredibly flavorful and on top of it all, the service is excellent. I also appreciate that they don't use a lot of tofu/gluten products, but instead they use fresh whole foods..and It's the only restaurant in town that serves home-grown organic SPROUTS! this is absolutely, by far, my favorite place to eat..it helps keep me on track when i'm trying to stay healthy. the raw food here is delicious and light, yet very filling. and the vegan food is just HEAVEN...the raw pad thai, the curry, the cashew-cacao smoothie, the vegan burrito and their new raw vegan cheesecake are some of my favorites, just to name a few. the crafty cook, which is also the co-owner, puts a lot of care and love into what they do and their passion is very apparent in their food! best spot in town for the health conscious folks..and especially for those eager to transition into that lifestyle..this is the best place to start.

Pros: delicious raw food, service with a smile, virtually guilt free and VEGAN!
Macbethedge
Macbethedge

Kinda far but totally worth it!

5 Posted on 03 / 17 / 2012

My boyfriend and i share a bean burrito, fried pineapple rice, a cashew and cacao smoothie and a raw cacao pie and everything was delicious!
i really wish i was more hungry at the time to try more things.
Is outside the city, in the way to Sabang and El Nido, but is really worth it, is really fresh, everything is organic and it just makes you feel good after eating it.
Had the chance to meet the owners, super nice couple, really enthusiastic about being vegan, cooking healthy and open to suggestions.

Pros: HEALTHY!, delicious , friendly staff
Cons: out of the city

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: LC's Gourmet Restaurant: