Lazy Tulip Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Healthier food menu with sandwiches, soups, salads, crepes, organic fair trade coffee. Has tofu and you could request to omit cheese in dishes. Has gluten-free. Free wi-fi. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Western, Bakery, Take-out, Non-veg
29 Maple Ave (Dunlop Avenue, downtown)
Barrie, Ontario L4N 1R7
705-252-0910

Open Mon-Sun 9am-4pm.

First Review by veggiewoman
veggiewoman
veggiewoman

Surprising veg cafe on the way to cottage country

3 Posted on 10 / 06 / 2013

A few of us were heading up north when hunger decided to strike, so we pulled off the 400 to see what Barrie had to offer. We weren't expecting much as I am a vegan and my sister is gluten-intolerant. Somehow we stumbled upon the Lazy Tulip and were pleasantly surprised. The menu was varied so that my sister and I, and our meat-eating husbands, all found something to eat. I had the Thai tofu wrap, which was pretty good. My sister vouches for the gluten-free wrap which did not break in half as GF wraps often do. And they had GF muffins which my sister recommends (but sadly, no vegan muffins). And not only did they have soymilk, but almond milk too! We had a lovely lunch on the patio and even met the chef. A great find for those vegetarians who live in or are passing though Barrie. Note that the café is quite small and very casual.

Pros: Something for everyone, Patio near the water, Almond milk on the menu
Cons: Small - cannot go with a large item, Desserts mostly non-vegan, I don't think it was wheelchair accessib

Dear Owner and Manager of Lazy Tulip Cafe: