Laurie's Vegetarian Take Away

Deborah3000
Deborah3000

disgusting

2 Posted on 09 / 21 / 2014

I am writing to complain about the food sold at Laurie's. On Saturday 20th 2014 my friend bought some burgers from the restaurant. I had eaten half of one when I noticed something moving on the side of my plate. It turned out to be an inch long slug which had probably come out of the lettuce. I was understandably totally disgusted, particularly since I am a vegetarian. I threw out the rest of the burger. I don't intend to buy anything from this restaurant again since the attention to hygiene seems to be quite low. If the lettuce had been carefully cleaned no slug would've been left in it.

Cons: hygiene concerns
blinki
blinki

Tiny Burger

3 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2013

The reviews here set my expectations of their burger high. I was very disappointed by the size- about half the size of the role making most of it a lettuce and sauce roll. The burger itself was nice but nothing that stands out amongst the many burgers available in other places around the city or even supermarket freezers.

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

I second driving across town for the burgers!

5 Posted on 12 / 17 / 2009

I was almost hesitant to write another review because I didn't want to bump down the one below! So I copied the headline to ensure the message gets across to everyone in Sydney or visiting! The most rocking thing about the tofu/tempeh/etc options for your burger is that they will BAKE IT instead of fry!!!!! That is an automatic 5 Happy Cows in my book! Also the chili and probably some of the other sides are fat free. We got a side of the chili and put in on our burgers. The tempeh was delicious! Great place, awesome people behind the counter! There's an organic health food store across the street, too. Honestly, this was the best thing I've eaten in all of Australia! The bun was super wholesome, it was made to my specs and it was perfect, healthy and good surf fuel for my day at Bondi Beach!

Pros: BAKED burgers, no fat chili

rach
rach

I'd drive cross town for these burgers

4 Posted on 10 / 26 / 2009

This is a fantastic take away vegetarian place with a few eat in tables. The burger are delicious and worth a special trip for. They also have tasty mushroom pies, curries and salads. I wish I had a place like this around the corner from me, I could eat these a delicious gourmet lunch time burger like this once a week. It's a 10 min walk up the hill from bondi beach. Recommended for a great fast food lunch that leaves you feeling satisfied, healthy and not greesy.

Pros: The burgers, The food in general, Feels healthy & delicious
Cons: Not many eat in tables
goldie
goldie

Laurie's is Great

5 Posted on 09 / 03 / 2008

I eat here all the time. Been going once every week or so for a couple of years. Tempeh burgers are excellent as are the salads & roasted vegetables. Always friendly staff. There used to be a small chain of Laurie's in Sydney in the '80s. I ate at the Darlinghurst one a lot & also Randwick. Bondi is the last one standing.

Lea
Lea

Great for casual lunch

4 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2008

Lots of vegan options, staff are patient while you make up your mind and offer helpful hints. I recommend the mushroom pie. Not too impressed with the vegan desserts. Entertaining posters and housemate ads on the pinboard to read while you eat.

Pros: Helpful, knowledgeable staff, Cheap, Nice food
khity
khity

Burgers

3 Posted on 06 / 22 / 2007

Not as yummy as it used to be. You have to ask for the vegan food, the staff know what's in what. I think there are new owners as the burgers aren't as good.

Dear Owner and Manager of Laurie's Vegetarian Take Away: