Laurie's Vegetarian Restaurant

Deborah3000
Deborah3000

disgusted

2 Posted on 09 / 20 / 2014

I am writing to complain about the food sold at Laurie's. Yesterday my friend bought some burgers from the restaurant. I had eaten half of one when I noticed something moving on the side of my plate. It turned out to be an inch long slug which had probably come out of the lettuce. I was understandably totally disgusted, particularly since I am a vegetarian. I threw out the rest of the burger. I don't intend to buy anything from this restaurant again since the attention to hygiene seems to be quite low. If the lettuce had been carefully cleaned no slug would've been left in it.
This is not a place I would recommend to anyone concerned about hygiene.

Cons: hygiene problems
Veggiebrookie
Veggiebrookie
  • fruititarian

Lauries is good!

3 Posted on 10 / 07 / 2012

I love lauries, its a great place. The burgers are really yum! Lots of great options. Best to do take away or for a quick meal eat in. Staff are really nice people, get the impression maybe not treated well by management though. Will definately be taking vegetarian friends here in future.

Pros: variety, tasty food
Cons: small place
veganjess86
veganjess86

decent option

3 Posted on 03 / 23 / 2012

I would go to Funky Pies any day over this place if I were in Bondi. It's a decent selection of vegan options, but a bit expensive. The owner is also not veg at all, and has the business just to make money.

thelink
thelink

Sooooooo yummy

5 Posted on 06 / 28 / 2010

We always go to Laurie's when we are around the Bondi area. Laurie's is open for lunch and dinner.

The cafe is tiny (there's only seats for about 8 people),but we've always found a seat. The selection of hot foods and salads is great with lots of vegan options. For dessert there is a delicious vegan apple crumble and a few other non vegan things that look yummy.

The serves are huge and extremely good value for money. If we lived closer to Laurie's we'd stop cooking at home and go there all the time...

Dear Owner and Manager of Laurie's Vegetarian Restaurant: