Laurent Gerbaud Chocolatier

Around 90% of its handmade chocolates are dairy-free. Offers a soya hot chocolate. more-less

First Review by clbdammit
Sarita
Sarita

Choices of nuts and fruits covered in chocolate

3 Posted on 09 / 13 / 2014

It is all pure, but not very special in taste. I was a little disappointed. I had expected chocolates with special fillings or combination of fillings.

Pros: Pure
Cons: Expensive
Happymouse
Happymouse

Ok

3 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2014

I wouldn't call it THE place to go for vegans. They have some dried fruits covered in dark chocolate. 100g cost 7 euros... It was good but I wouldn't buy it again. Maybe we are just spoiled as we've grown up with Swiss chocolate ;-)

Pros: Tasty
Cons: not much variety, too expensive
Ophee
Ophee

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING GO HERE!!!!!!

5 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2013

Loved it!!!!!! So many to chose from and without fear! Now we dont have to feel left out from all the milk chocolate pralines and Belgian specialties anymore :) My favorite was the round balls with a chocolate hazelnut filling that reminded me of a crunchy nutella. I wish I could go back and buy even more. Went there 2 days in a row. Fantastic.

Pros: Great location! Close to train station a, Nice staff, Many many options :)

clbdammit
clbdammit

Oh My Chocolatey God

5 Posted on 04 / 05 / 2013

Possibly my favourite place in Brussels so far. Indeed, 90% of the chocolate is vegan-safe (and you can see that on all the pre-wrapped stuff's labels). All other chocolate places seem to think you're allergic when you ask about dairy and will say none of their chocolate is suitable because of "possible traces". Laurent Gerbaud either have different manufacturing processes, or I didn't notice the "traces" disclaimers on the label (one more reason to go back tomorrow, so I could check!), and the impossibly friendly young woman working there today was entirely confident about dairy-free-ness.

I had the (soy milk) hot chocolate, which was out of this world good, and had a gorgeous thick texture. I asked how this is achieved, and was informed that they basically use a quarter chocolate to three quarter milk! The hot chocolate comes with an individual chocolate of your choice. I had the "coing" - also delicious and unusual.

I sat there for a while, a very relaxed place to be. Wish I'd tried it out earlier in my stay, I would have been there every day! They also have sorbets, most of which are vegan, and I intend to try at least one tomorrow before I head home! I have my eye on the Mango-coriander one...

Pros: Amazing chocolate, Amazing service, Lovely, central-enough place to sit
Cons: Could easily bankrupt oneself, Could easily overdose on chocolate, I can't take it home with me

Dear Owner and Manager of Laurent Gerbaud Chocolatier: