They even serve chicken for non-vegetarian friends. Their food is super delicious. It is a fun atmosphere too. They even have a location near Portland State University now.
This is a great option in Hillsdale, just beyond Gabriel Park. Large and very clean location, lots of parking, parking right by the door for order pickup (10 min. max). There's also a waiting area with lots of newspapers to read while you wait. The staff are friendly and efficient. Note that this location does not do fresh juice. I ordered the soup and salad combination with a side of plantains. The soup comes with a side of housemade focaccia or tortilla chips. My soup was a potato corn chowder, and it was light and delicious, as was the focaccia. My caeser salad, ordered vegan, actually arrived with cheese. The dressing and croutons were delicious, however. The staff apologized for the order and will give me a free burrito the next time I go there. The plantains weren't wonderful, but that was probably just because I was expecting crispy charred plantains, and these were just sauteed. All in all, they have a great healthy menu and I will be very happy to go back!Pros: Healthy, Delicious, Reasonable Prices
Cons: Just be careful if you're vegan!
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Laughing Planet Cafe - Gabriel Park closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 697 times since Jan 2013.