Serves meat, veg options available. A casual eatery where the menu consists of mostly burritos and salads. Whole wheat tortillas by request. Tofu could be added to a dish. Sometimes has vegan cookies and vegan soup. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

Bloomingjen
Bloomingjen

Never Disappointed

Posted on 12 / 02 / 2014

I've been eating here since moving to btown in 1998. I have enjoyed every trip - the food the people and the atmosphere are all great - very comfortable. Vegan options including house- made seitan. Happy to see a local burrito shop doing well despite the onslaught of corporate chains invading downtown. Emphasis on local ingredients in season.

GlennBuskirk
GlennBuskirk

Great place to stop for a wonderful meal

Posted on 07 / 20 / 2014

Food was great and fresh,wonderful atmosphere

Pros: Great service, Great value, Quality service
k3lly
k3lly

worth the trip

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2014

We stopped for dinner Saturday night. Not too busy but it was a holiday weekend. The burritos are amazing, service friendly and quick and easy on the wallet.

jessgrif
jessgrif

Great burritos!

Posted on 04 / 03 / 2014

I've loved everything I've had here.

Ask for the vegan tortilla if you get a burrito.

The best deal is a bowl of veggie chili soup with cornbread ($4 and it's soooo filling). They always have veggie chili and hungarian mushroom, plus a soup of the day. Soups are *always* vegan.

I also like the rotating specials. These incorporate various seasonal flavors and local produce.

Pros: vegan sour cream! , Some very affordable options, Amazing salsas, avail. in large amounts
Cons: Have to ask for vegan tortillas, Specialty stuff is expensive
The Eating Hippie
The Eating Hippie

Excellent

Posted on 06 / 09 / 2013

Despite negative reviews, I really have enjoyed my two meals here. There are a variety vegetarian choices, and vegan options, if you specify. (Don't forget to ask for a whole wheat tortilla.)

I ordered the spinach and black bean burrito, a side salad with herb vinaigrette, and an Honest iced tea. It was all very yummy!

Pros: Good food, Quick, Nice vibe
Cons: Must specify vegan options, Must specify whole grain options
tsap
tsap

Not Good

Posted on 08 / 08 / 2011

Maybe I should have tried the burrito. Instead I opted for the steamed veggies, rice and beans bowl. The taste was "off." The rice was over cooked and the veggies did not taste fresh. The two guys behind the counter were disinterested.

amarello
amarello

Delicious!

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2011

Had the cuban burrito for lunch, a lovely combination of yams, black beans, plantains, and barbeque sauce. It was yummy. Lots of veg/vegan options (you have to specify that you need a vegan tortilla).

Pros: fast, yummy, good selection
RunVeg
RunVeg

Good food, conscious restaurant

Posted on 01 / 06 / 2010

I agree with the poster that says the Cuban burrito is good--it's my fav! I like it in the bowl, and it's a huge serving. I can't remember what my boyfriend had, but he loved it. He also had nachos (vegetarian, not vegan), and he absolutely adored them. The prices were good, especially because they opt for local and organic food. They also compost their waste, and they are responsible members of the community. Oh, and I think the decor is cute--minimalist, a little artsy, and college. I like it.

Also there is a coffee shop downstairs that's pretty artsy and cool, too. This is a really cool old building that they've divided up into shops and restaurants. Check it out for the originality, at least.

Pros: good food, good price, local, organic, community-driven
Cons: could be more veg friendly
mrukz
mrukz

Nice place and average food

Posted on 12 / 04 / 2009

I about 2 or 3 times at Laughing Planet. I liked the place itself, but I was always somewhat disappointed with the food. This is clearly a subjective opinion, but the food was just not too great to my taste.

Pros: atmosphere
Cons: food
veggiesince9
veggiesince9

feels so good

Posted on 02 / 24 / 2008

Anytime I want to feel really good about what I've eaten, I eat here. The food is fresh and healthy. They not only have several vegan and lacto-ovo vegetarian options, but they also have filtered water and other health-conscious choices. The service is fast, but I can sit and talk with folks for hours without a problem; in the summertime, the outdoor area is sublime. It's affordable. It's bike-inspired (the burritos allegedly fit in a bike bottle holder space), locally-owned, and my favorite casual restaurant in town. If you ask for the burrito in a bowl instead of a wrap, the portions are even bigger. Even though I can make this food at home, they offer lots of choices worth trying--prepared well and tastey. My favorite is the cuban-inspired burrito with plantains, sweet potatoes, black beans, and more.

Pros: healthy, affordable, environmental attitude
Cons: there are none
melissakayshelley
melissakayshelley

A Good Lunch Place.

Posted on 02 / 20 / 2008

They have a great lunch atmosphere, and pretty good food. They do, however, serve chicken. That wouldn't usually be a problem, except that a very small piece of it recently got mixed in with my daughter's corn.

I would mark this as a rare occasion though, and would overall recommend this restaurant as a great place for a vegan or vegetarian to get a meal.

Pros: A lively atmosphere, Very friendly staff, Tasty food
Cons: Not completely vegetarian, A little rundown, Limited menu

Dear Owner and Manager of Laughing Planet Cafe: