Long-time established two room B&B accommodation 1.5 hour drive from Granada city. Under current ownership since spring 2013. Also offers onsite restaurant service. Closes December 15 through March 15. more-less
Calle Alberca 21
Mecina Fondales, Spain 18414
+34-958857501

First Review by marcstevens
Hans-CurdVWelsch
Hans-CurdVWelsch

Excellent place!!

Posted on 08 / 30 / 2014

I spent 15 days in L'Atelier. My husband and I are vegan and we decided to rent a room (they have only two available). The owners, Brigitte and Michel, are wonderful people. They make you feel like at home, taking care of every detail to make you happy. About the food, we only can say: Wonderful. Brigitte prepared for us a different meal every day during our stay, always delicious. She is an excellent cook, and she easily combines basque, asian, spanish and south american cuisine. The restaurant is cosy and we highly recommended at evenings. Yoy come as a guest and you go as a friend!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good valeu
Joanna Dubois
Joanna Dubois

A real vegetarian haven of peace

Posted on 11 / 01 / 2011

I've recently come back from a 4 day stay at l'Atelier and can't praise it enough. I'm a vegan and I was delighted to be offered freshly squeezed orange juice at breakfast, good quality vegan margarine and fair trade coffee. I ate at l'Atelier for lunch and dinner and the food was invariably wholesome and delicious. The decor and ambiance are just as delightful as the food. But what makes this little place extra special is the kindness and warm hospitality of its hosts. An added bonus was the stunning countryside, ideal for hiking and the absence of car noise (or any other noise for that matter). As Mecina Fondales is high up in the Sierra Nevada, it's a little tricky to reach without a car (but I did it!) I'll be posting some travelling tips on Trip Advisor for those, who like me, want to go there for a few days of total peace and quiet, with delicious healthy food. As for price, it was unbelievably reasonable: my room, with ensuite bathroom, cost € 35 a night, breakfast included.

David Veganojosa
David Veganojosa

Real vegetarian cuisine

Posted on 10 / 13 / 2011

A real surprise in the middle of the Alpujarra mountains.
Excellent and unexpensive vegetarian cooking. Many options with worldwide gastronomy selection. Most of the food is vegan, or has a vegan option.
A familiar atmosphere both in the restaurant and the hostel.

Pros: Excellent food, Price, Personal treatment
Cons: Location

bignameactress
bignameactress

Amazing mountain treat

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2011

I'm so impressed that so many happycowers have found this delightful gem.

By far the most difficult vegetarian restaurant I've ever traveled to, it was also so well worth the journey!

We stayed there only one night and that is our only regret after the unforgettable journey up the mountain in the rain at night.

The owner is so delightful and the food is so delicious!! The inn's cuteness factor is off the charts. I really don't think that the 5 cow rating is sufficient.

Pros: ambiance is off the charts, food is so delicious, owner is awesome!
Cons: A truly harrowing mountain climb
angieW
angieW

Excellent food!

Posted on 10 / 07 / 2010

We went two nights running to this lovely intimate restaurant. We were staying at the Sierra y Mar B&B 15 minutes walk away, so it formed a wonderful end to 2 great days in the Alpujarras. Every dish tasted wonderful, even meat eaters would be happy eating Jean-Claude's food. The wine was also fantastic. yes, it costs more than the usual fayre in this part of the world, BUT you get what you pay for. Its great. Go there and stay at Sierra y mar too, a perfect combination!

damo
damo

Great Place

Posted on 11 / 05 / 2009

I was really impressed by this place. The menu was far more extensive than I could have imagined and the food delicious. Wine was pricey but otherwise it was very good value for money. Could not recommend it more highly.

(However, location is actually about half an hour drive past Orgiva, not just a few miles as stated by reviewer below).

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, good value
Cons: wine too expensive
fimct
fimct

An incredible find!

Posted on 05 / 15 / 2007

This restaurant is actually just a few miles from the small town of Orgiva, up a mountain road in a small hamlet called Mecina Fondales. The food is interesting, tasty, imaginatively presented and varied and probably at least 50% of the dishes are suitable for vegans. Vegan and wheat-free dishes are clearly marked and some of the wine is vegan and organic too.

The restaurant is small and that is partly the reason for needing to book ahead, although the first time we visited was just when we happened to be in the area and we were lucky. The restaurant has an intimate and bohemian feel, the friendly owner obviously having travelled extensively, with lots of Moroccan and other artefacts decorating the walls. A perfect spot after a day's exploration of the beautiful mountain villages, or pottering around Orgiva. Thoroughly recommended!

marcstevens
marcstevens

Mucho gusto!

Posted on 10 / 29 / 2006

Have just spent our honeymoon staying at this B&B and eating at L'Atelier morning and night - fantastic and varied food and drink, fresh, tasty, and presented in a gorgeous and friendly setting. Would strongly recommend searching this wonderful place out for a stay or just a meal. Jean-Claude Juston is the perfect host and even phoned ahead to places he'd recommended for lunch to make sure they fully understood what vegan meant, which in Spain is usually required.

Pros: Amazing and varied food, Beautiful place & setting, Really friendly staff
Cons: Off the beaten track, - you'll get dizzy on the, twisty mountain roads!

Dear Owner and Manager of L'Atelier B&B: