Natural food market with locations in California. This one took over the space of the former independently-owned Nature Mart. The store is a moderate size but is totally packed with a wide range of natural food and grocery; isles are a bit tight to accommodate the large selections. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic, vitamins and supplements, frozen and chilled food, and much more. There is a juice bar and deli in the very back. Parking on site. more-less
2080 Hillhurst Ave (Ambrose Ave, in Los Feliz village)
Los Angeles, California 90027
323-660-0052

Open Mon-Sat 7am-10pm.

First Review by Chia
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

small, but packed full

5 Posted on 12 / 01 / 2012

We went to Lassen's for the first time today and were very pleased overall. It's definitely tight inside, but it's worth it for all the great stuff. Look everywhere in order not to miss something. The parking was a bigger problem as there's only a few spots right outside. We had to park at a meter on the street.

While the store is not vegan, there is a ton of vegan stuff and there is no butcher counter like at Whole Foods, so it was less traumatic to shop here. We got a peach smoothie from the deli/juice bar while we shopped. Very tasty! The produce is fresh and appears to be all organic. The bulk section is fantastic with many hard to find items. There are all the usual dry groceries as well as refrigerated, frozen, beauty and vitamins. We will most definitely be back. I just wish they were open on Sundays too.

Pros: lots of vegan items, organic produce, bulk section
Cons: parking, not open Sundays
Chia
Chia

Good stuff, great sale prices

5 Posted on 11 / 24 / 2012

I saw this market listed on happycow and came here today, November 2012. Here's my Los Feliz Lassens Market review.

I remember when this place used to be Nature Mart, a neighborhood natural grocery. But I don't mind that it's been taken over by Lassens. Lassens offers a good stock and has reasonable prices. In fact, their sale prices are better and cheaper than Whole Foods. Plenty of organic and all the natural food brands that I like.

This location is very tight in space. The isles are small, and I had trouble pushing my daughter's stroller through isles when there were also other shoppers. Nontheless, the selections and the prices are worth the trip.

Dear Owner and Manager of Lassens - Loz Feliz: