Lassen's Deli and Juice Bar

Serves meat, veg options available. Deli, salad bar, hot food, fresh juices and smoothies bar inside Lassen's Natural Food Market. Makes vegetarian and vegan sandwich and wraps, marked. Many tables for seating inside. Note: This is featured as 'veg-friendly restaurant' because Bakersfield offers very few choices for vegetarian dining, and this is a good option. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Juice bar, Salad bar, Take-out, Non-veg
4308 California Ave
Bakersfield, California 93309
661-324-6990
  • Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Chia
magicrabbits
magicrabbits

Good food, fast friendly service.

Posted on 07 / 04 / 2014

Pros: Great veg & vegan options, All organic fruits, veggies in grocery, Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable staff.
Cons: Please bring back Cooking Classes.
Emmyledford
Emmyledford

Lots of Options

Posted on 01 / 07 / 2014

I usually get their salad bar with my daughter. It has plenty of options with toppings for green salads and there is a good selection of prepared salads, macaroni, potato, edamame black bean etc. Always clean whenever I have gone.

Pros: plenty of options
Cons: sometimes reeks of cooking meat
NancyVera
NancyVera

Stay Away!!!!!!

Posted on 07 / 11 / 2013

As a new person to the vegan scene I like to take my time and read the menu before I order something since I appeared to be taking my time the little lady behind the counter told me in a sass "I'll be back when you are ready to order." Take into consideration that there was no one there and I was the only one ordering, there was no need to rush whatsoever! I hate Lassen's on California Ave, in its entirety! If you are a person accustomed to receiving adequate friendly service stay away, stay away!

dreiter
dreiter

Good, But Pricey

Posted on 04 / 28 / 2013

Lassen's is a grocery store and a deli-type restaurant. They have an excellent selection of vegan items, such as fruit and veggie smoothies and juices, and some awesome faux-meats like kung pao, lemongrass, and teriyaki. I highly recommend trying their meats, as well as some of their drinks, but be warned, the price is even above Whole Foods.

Pros: Selection, Flavor, Friendly Staff
Cons: Price
pamham
pamham

Great food

Posted on 02 / 02 / 2012

Try their vegetarian chicken foods, such as Kung pao chicken and citrus chicken. Really,really good! All of their already prepared food looks good. wish I could find fake chicken like that to use at home. Anyone know of a source would love to hear about it.

Chia
Chia

All Right

Posted on 01 / 30 / 2012

Found out about Lassen's on happycow and stopped in enroute to San Francisco several weeks ago. Here's my Lassen's Deli review.

For lunch my husband and I shared a fresh pressed beet juice and a vegan chicken sandwich/burger (I believe the patty is Boca brand), and it was tasty.

We also got to sample various offerings throughout the store. It's a great store with all the usual and interesting healthy and natural food stuff.

Pros: has vegan & veg, labeled, fresh juice bar
Cons: not all veg

Dear Owner and Manager of Lassen's Deli and Juice Bar: