Las Lagartijas

Serves meat, veg options available. Restaurant and store (aka Gourmet Garage) in a serene area. In-house condiments and menu includes some veg friendly hot sandwiches served using whole wheat or sourdough bread, plus Mexican food, stir fries, a varied range of house-made pickles, jam, and salsa. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Tranaya
Fixation
Fixation

• raw

Vegan Atitlan

4 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2013

I believed that it was going to be almost impossible to maintain my diet while in Guatemala. However, Las Lagartijas saved me during my visit to Santiago Atitlan. They went out of their way to cater to my needs, even assisting me with non-food related matters.

One usually has to be very careful about eating raw fruits and vegetables in a developing country, but it was not an issue at Las Lagartijas due to the preparatory care that was taken. They offer "Tipico" options, as well as non-traditional products.

Pros: Tasty, Friendly
Cons: Hours of Operation
  • lagartijas lagartijas

Thanks for the review. It was great meeting you and serving you. You taught us somethings that will be helpful. Look forward to seeing you and your dad again.

Tranaya
Tranaya

Excellent vegan food in Santiago

4 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2013

This little place is the perfect lunch spot. The owners are great, and they've really made an effort to cater to vegetarians. If you're in Santiago Atitlan, don't miss it.

Over the past couple years, since I've been eating there, they've added several vegan options. My favorites are the taco salad with tofu (ask to have it made vegan), and the eggplant torta. They also have an excellent veggie burger. Wash it all down with some of their homemade ginger ale.

The service is excellent (not too common around here), and the food is very fresh.

They have a small store with a number of homemade jams, pickles, relish, peanut butter, and some of the best hot sauces around.

Pros: excellent food, good value, great people
Cons: very small
  • lagartijas lagartijas

Thanks. Great Review. We enjoy creating new foods that everyone can enjoy. It's great to have people that appreciate us.

Dear Owner and Manager of Las Lagartijas: