Serves meat, veg options available. The menu offers vegan options, including breakfasts, salads & sandwiches. The daily specials board clearly labels vegan (or vegan option available) & gluten free dishes. The staff are happy to replace things like feta in a meal with vegan-friendly alternatives. There is also a small shop attached selling organic and local produce, including vegetarian & vegan items. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Western, International, Non-veg
4 Lansdown Place
Lewes, England BN7 2JT
01273-478-817

Open Mon-Frid 8:30am:5:30pm, Sat 8:30am-5pm, Sun & Bank Holiday 11am-4pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by KB
rosie
rosie

Cute little spot

4 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2014

Lovely little sun trap of a walled garden out back. Friendly staff. Menu was mostly sandwiches on Sunday - but freshly made with lovely fresh organic ingredients snd came with side salad and nachos. A little pricey fir what was a sandwich about £8 but nicely done and a lovely spot. Had some vegan Molly cake for pudding which was one of the nicest I've had. Such a nice location was reluctant to leave!

Pros: Lovely garden , Friendly staff , Does vegan cake
Cons: Not a huge menu
KB
KB

Late Sunday Lunch in Lewes at Laporte's

4 Posted on 03 / 30 / 2014

Locating somewhere to sit down and eat vegan/vegetarian food on a Sunday in Lewes was looking difficult until we found our way to Laporte's in Lansdown Place. Immediately as we walked through the door we were met by a friendly greeting. The basket of fresh turmeric root on the front desk made me suspect this was a better than average establishment, and everything that happened subsequently provided confirmation. The staff are very courteous and helpful. There are plenty of vegan and egg-free vegetarian options. We chose the vegan bubble and squeak and the fritters with salad. For afters we had vegan cake, all delicious. Excellent selection of Pukka teas. All reasonably priced. Lansdowne's has an indoors, where we ate, and an outdoor alternative cafe area set in a beautiful garden. Very comfortable. Pleasant music selection playing indoors. I'm really picky about where I eat, and especially wary of places that aren't strictly vegan/vegetarian. But here I felt at ease and as if my needs were being met. The food was well-prepared and delicious. I'd definitely go there again.

Pros: Great staff - friendly, helpful, Food very nicely prepared, Very nice atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Laportes: