Serves meat, veg options available. As with all Ethiopian restaurant, menu includes vegan items. Nice atmosphere, family friendly. Re-opened Jan 2013. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Ethiopian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

Petesternz
Petesternz

Pretty average

Posted on 11 / 12 / 2014

I was much less excited about this place than the other reviewers. Having had Ethiopian food in numerous other cities before, I knew what I was in for, but frankly, I didnt think it was very good. There were only four vegan options, and one seemed to me like tomato paste. The other two were serviceable, but hardly special. I have had much better and more flavourful Ethiopian vegan food. Little variety. Did not like that there were no dishes with lots of veggies. All the vegan dishes were lentil variants or tomato paste. Not for me thanks...

Pros: Pricey
JKveg
JKveg

The food is amazing

Posted on 01 / 31 / 2014

Veg friendly and is delicious, hubby says the meat is great too (if you have meat eaters in your party.) Great for groups. You order the dishes you want and they bring them all out on one big tray. They will separate meat from veg if asked. Don't be scared by the greyish bread, it's amazing. And be prepared to be friendly ridiculed if you ask for cutlery ;)

Pros: Food is outstanding, Fair prices, Friendly staff
Cons: it's a bit rich, so don't over do it
Posi Britt
Posi Britt

Something different and exciting!

Posted on 08 / 14 / 2013

I love this place. I try to take people here as something completely new and rip them out of their comfort zone. You don't use utensils here, only hands. So make sure they are clean.

All the food looks like weird spicy mush but tastes like heaven. My 88 year old Grandma was terrified of it but enjoyed it anyways.

The menu can be a bit confusing to pronounce and I'm sure the waiters/waitresses laugh at you when you say it wrong but that's part of the fun. Try the Ater Kik Aletcha Wot. My fav.

Make sure to be very obvious when you arrive and they don't seat you soonish if you don't have reservations. We've been overlooked before (a few times) and had to wait while people that arrived after us were seated first without reservations.

Pros: Great for sharing, Very filling, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Sometimes slow service, Can get very busy

caitycakes
caitycakes

Very vegan friendly

Posted on 03 / 10 / 2011

In response to the above review:

The only vegetarian main dish cooked with butter is the vegetable tibs, which you can request cooked with oil. The iyeb (Ethiopian cheese) that comes with the gomen wot is on the side and the dish can be ordered without it. The other vegetarian dishes are vegan as is. Which gives you seven options to choose from - a lot more than I'm used to being able to pick from!

In terms of appetizers, the veggie and lentil sambusas are good, the katenga can be done with oil instead of butter, and I am sure you could get the foul (pronounced fool) without cheese.

It's delicious food and the family that runs the place is amazing. Plus there is a wicked beer selection, and who doesn't love that?

Pros: Veg friendly, Good value, Delicious
Cons: Some dishes spicy (if that's an issue)
mkaw
mkaw

Tasty and healthy

Posted on 02 / 08 / 2011

The last Tuesday of every month is Vegetarian Vibrations Buffet. The items on the buffet may or may not be vegan. They contain no obvious dairy or eggs but may be cooked in butter. The regular menu identifies several dishes as vegan. Patrons may request that some additional dishes be cooked without butter (ie vegan). This is my favorite restaurant. I'e been going to the buffet every month for a year and a half. The service, though friendly, can be slow at times. Nevertheless, the food is amazing.

Pros: Excellent food, healthy cuisine

Dear Owner and Manager of Langano Skies: