Vegan restaurant that offers a daily menu of international and traditional recipes in a cozy nice atmosphere. Reservation needed for large groups. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Spanish, International, Beer/Wine
Trueba, 4, Donostia
San Sebastian, Spain 20001
+34-943-288988

Open Tue-Wed 1-3:30pm, Thur-Sat 1-3:30pm.

First Review by cheroyma
JcRodriguez
JcRodriguez

Good Food.

5 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2014

We loved this restaurant, food was good , service and price, we definitely will be back for more.

Nos encanto este restaurante, buena comida, service y precio, definitivamente volveremos.

Pros: Food, Service, Price
Duo
Duo

Really nice

5 Posted on 02 / 15 / 2014

100% vegan restaurant with really noce daily menu and not too expensive. Homemade food. They always treat you right and you go out full for sure.
Updated from previous review on Friday January 17, 2014

Pros: Good food, Service, confortable
Cons: little expensive
shircato_75
shircato_75

Good place

2 Posted on 02 / 12 / 2014

The site and the staff was nice but the food was nothing special. I left there hungry.

Pros: vegan, good staff
Cons: little food
Lomedin
Lomedin

DISAPPOINTED

3 Posted on 12 / 20 / 2012

In our trip from Holland to the south of Spain, we decided to take a detour of about 3 hours just to check out this place. After 2 days traveling surviving basically out of cold meals and without having the chance to visit any vegan restaurants, we were quite excited about Landare.
You can imagine our disappointment when we were told that the dog who shares our lives (also vegan, by the way) couldn't come in. Just a bit of background: we take care of a borador (border collie/labrador) of 12 years of age who never bark, is completely house trained, doesn't beg, lies invisible under tables and, well, behaves better than most humans to be honest. Anyway, no point trying to explain anything to the people in Landare: apparently, they had trouble with some dogs or something like that and they wouldn't allow animals. Don't get me wrong, they were not being rude. Although they refused to individualized, as so often happens, and simply decided to generalize and said no. Since my partner was famine (gluten intolerance is not a nice addition to being a vegan when trying to feed yourself), I decided to stay out in the rain (no kidding) with our canine friend while she ate something. However, the staff didn't speak any English and I, for obvious reasons, was not able to translate for her/them. Odd, since they did say that they had a menu in English. So, unfortunately, we had to leave without much to base our culinary review on.
I admit that I perhaps should have called to make sure that our doggie companion could come in, but look at it this way:
They own a restaurant promoting racial equality. You come along with your Asian and Congolese friends. They excuse themselves right after telling you that your friends are not allowed because they are not of the liking of some customers. ????
Comparisons are not my cup of tea. However, I found it necessary in this case. Landare states: "(...) perfect setting to enjoy nature-friendly, (...) that cause no harm to animals". Hm, friendly, really? Does a lack of animosity make you friendly? What is the real meaning of being vegan? I applaud Landare for making more non-vegans have a cruelty free meal. I really do. However, we vegans (both humans and non-humans) would also like to be treated equally ;D
I wished I could have tasted your meals. Unfortunately, my review has to be based in other points like common sense =)
Best of lucks though!

Pros: Vegan, Nice premises, Seems popular among non-vegans
Cons: Non-humans animals not allowed o.O, No English here, Opening times a bit difficult
  • newlia newlia

Absolutely agree with the previous response. It has nothing to do with the food and the comparison of a dog with a person of a different race is completely absurd. No common sense here.

• aliaarmistead aliaarmistead

This is absurd and has nothing to do with the restaurant - you cannot expect everybody to share your feelings about dogs and general customer expectations have to be respected also

mininanina
mininanina

my favourite vegan place in Donosti

5 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2012

Friendly staff, very good food and delicious deserts!
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 25, 2012

Pros: good food, friendly staff, good price
Cons: limited hours

le cous cous
le cous cous

Best.Food.Ever.

5 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2012

This restaurant should be ranked up among the best- and not just among Vegan places. Upon arriving, you will be given a hot/cold soup and then the menu of the season. Service is friendly and efficient and the waitress tried her best to explain all the dishes to us patiently. The combination of tastes are so subtle yet so powerful...it left us craving for more (hence we made a reservation for the next day- reservations highly recommended!). The menu comes with water, bread and a glass of wine. A MUST-GO. I would go back to San Sebastian just to eat there again.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff
chrdold
chrdold

just great

5 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2012

Coming from Germany this restaurant seemed expensive for me on the first view. Still I went there four times during my stay. You are served three dishes that you can choose out of six options each. Before you get a starter, with the dishes good whole grain bread and water or wine. The dishes do not only taste great, they are also an eye catcher and the service is superfast. In summer 2012 it was 13 Euro on weekdays and 16 Euro on samedis (open only noon from 1pm on). The atmosphere is very peaceful and now I have to say that you really get a lot for the money.

elavus
elavus

Adorable

5 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2012

Amazing food to inexpensive price. Lovley very friendly staff.
Also try their herbal infusions!

Seanna
Seanna

Great place to hide from the rain

5 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2011

THe place opened 15 minutes after 1300hrs, though it was definately worth the wait. We were the only foriegners there and the place was packed. Four courses, wine, bread and green tea for 12Euros, tho. 15euros on Saturdays. The staff speak limited english though were really friendly and the food was great.

RayLil
RayLil

Finally, this is a good one !!!

5 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2011

I have been searching all over France for a real vegan restaurant, all in vain. Now that I found one across the border, I can eat in peace. Fine tasting dishes, incredible price for quality and the staff is wonderful !!! Over rated, perhaps compared to vegan restaurant outside latin countries, but here down in the south of europe, this is a great place to eat.

Pros: taste, fast service, friendly staff
Cons: none, none, none
Tara Hawken
Tara Hawken

Must Visit

5 Posted on 09 / 11 / 2011

We visited this restaurant a few times while travelling through Europe. We loved eating here so returned many times. Well priced and delicious meals. The waitresses dont speak very good english but enough to get by with our broken Spanish. They have a set price of 12 euro for a three course meal plus a drink so its a bargain. THere are around 5 options for each course to choose from. It had a great atmosphere and is normally packed with locals. busiest time of the day is between 3pm and 4pm. They are only open for lunch which is a shame as we would have dined there for dinner often too. Highly recommend.

Pros: good value, good options, yummy food
Cons: staff not english speaking
FionaC
FionaC

As good as everyone says!

5 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2011

Thanks to the reviews here, my partner and I went in search of Landare for lunch yesterday. After a week and a half of travelling around the Pyrenees and wrestling with non-veg friendly menus in foreign languages (and a few meals where meat appeared despite clear instructions to the contrary), it was such a relief to have a full meal that was 100% veggie. Not to mention nutritionally complete with lots of legumes.
Extremely cheap for this city (12 euros) and the atmosphere was warm and comfortable. (Though we laughed at the Enya Christmas Carols CD they were playing - in July!)
The staff speak little to no English, but we have enough Castilliano to get by and had a lovely meal.

NOTE: Like many restaurants in San Sebastian, I don't think they are open for the supper hour, at least not during the week, only lunch.

Pros: excellent food, low price, cozy atmosphere
Cons: possibly not open for dinner
Nihacc
Nihacc

I want to come back!

5 Posted on 01 / 12 / 2011

The best veggie restaurant in town, and one of my favourites. All dishes are homemade, with seasonal ingredientes. Staff is really nice, and the place is relaxing and beautiful. I highly recommend to reserve, even on weekdays and for two people.

sbszine
sbszine

Good value

3 Posted on 07 / 24 / 2010

Landare is a lunch restaurant with a 'menu de dia'. You pick a starter, a main, and a dessert from 5 or 6 choices, for €15. Appetisers, bread, water, and a glass of wine are included in the price.

The food is traditional western meals (we had lasagna and beef Wellington) made with rehydrated TVP. It's fine but not special. The desserts are the high point, with the caflan (creme caramel with coffee liquer) the standout.

The restaurant itself is clean and new, and the service is excellent. No English, but the menu is all vegan and fairly easy to grok.

Pros: Value, Atmosphere, Service
Cons: Too much TVP
cheroyma
cheroyma

Must go!

5 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2010

It was charming the minute we walked in. We were met with smiles from the staff.Delicious pre-fix meal for 12 euro (15 on Saturday and holidays) with soup,appetizer,entree,dessert,bread, wine,and water.All vegan. Amazing tiramisu.It was easy to pick as you had 4 things to choose from.I highly recommend going.

Pros: Excelllent food, friendly staff, easy to find

Dear Owner and Manager of Landare: