Lalibela Ethiopian Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Ethiopian restaurant with a large veg section on the menu, around 13-14 itesm. The vegan items are served on separate platters from the meat ones. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ethiopian, Non-veg

Tue-Sun 11:30am-10:00pm

First Review by SynthVegan
tori444
tori444

Wonderful place for delicious, healthy food!

Posted on 09 / 09 / 2012

I LOVE Lalibala! This restaurant is very supportive of my healthy diet with a great selection of vegetable and lentil entrees, all very flavorful and delicious. The vegetarian entrees are all vegan, cooked with much less oil than most places (like Ethiopian Diamond where you can see the oil separate) and they're not spicy hot. You can also get 100% teff injera (gluten free) here if you call ahead to request it for your meal. The female owner who takes our order is very nice and welcoming, always treating us well. I would give this restaurant 5 cows if I could but this site limits the rating to 4 cows for non-vegetarian restaurants.

Pros: flavorful veggies and lentils, offers 100% teff injera, friendly, good service
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Lalibela Ethiopian Restaurant

Posted on 10 / 10 / 2011

We recently dined at Lalibela Ethiopian (LE) and it was a good experience. The decor was definitely interesting at LE, the chairs and tables were made out of a heavy wood...they made me think, Africa (mind you I've never been there). I noticed that there were more than 13 vegetarian/vegan items, and I believe all of those vegetarian items are in fact vegan. I ordered the veggie platter here (as I do at all Ethiopian places) so that I could try many items (you get 4 items). I ordered items 9, 14, 15, and 20; my favorites were certainly 14 (Diblik atkilt) and 15 (Tikil Gomen). The Injera (Ethiopian flat bread) actually tasted much better at LE compared to other Ethiopian places; the bread tends to be very sour at other Ethiopian restaurants, which I find to be slightly off-putting. Another thing to note is that they're strict about separating the vegan food from the meat items; this is a plus in my book, as the last thing I want is to have my veggie items served on the same platter as meat items. Overall this is a good place and I'd certainly return - 3.5 cows.

Dear Owner and Manager of Lalibela Ethiopian Restaurant: