Ajijic used to have an eco/organic market that changed its name to farmers market to allow friends of the organizers to sell their unreliable products. Now it is not even a farmers market: people buy at wholesalers and sell at the market. The first real organic farmers have already left and more will follow. It is a shame how some american "ladies" mismanage an excellent idea!!
This is an amazing market, growing all the time. We are vegans, and the produce is so fresh we can buy for the week on Tuesdays. The vendors are lovely people, with a variety of prepared food. Don't miss the mushroom people; they make a mushroom ceviche and sell flavored oils. There is a man who makes pickles from all sorts of fruits and vegetables. There are many breads, also spring rolls made as you watch. This is a great asset to the veg community in the Ajijic area.
Cons: Crowded, Only once a week
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Ajijic Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Lake Chapala Farmers' Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 841 times since Jan 2013.