All vegetarian. Daily menu available online such as lentils, couscous, tofu, salads and desserts. Confirmed open Aug 2012. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Beer/Wine

seb
seb

best staff ever

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2014

I ate at Laibon each of the 4 days that I spent in Cesky Krumlov. David the owner is super cool. On the days that he's not there, the other guy working there is also really cool. Good location by the river with nice views. Good food. My non-vegetarian parents loved the place as well.

Pros: best staff , good food , location
AmiP
AmiP

Great veg fare in CK

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2014

As two vegetarians traveling through Eastern Europe we loved that the #1 restaurant (on Trip Advisor) in Cesky Krumlov was Laibon! We enjoyed a great evening with lovely food - me, the burrito, and my sister, the sampler plate. David (believe he is the owner?) was extremely friendly and even offered us an unexpected dessert on the house. Definitely make this your dinner stop in Cesky Krumlov!

Pros: Great service
BJWahl
BJWahl

Laibon

Posted on 12 / 02 / 2013

We ate at this very neat restaurant while in Cesky Krumlov and our food was abundant and delicious. The owner is so eager to please and clearly excited to offer wonderful veg food. The menu is long, the location is great, and the restaurant is also very eclectic and cute. The owner speaks great English so that helped too. Heartily recommended!

Pros: great menu, nice building, good location
Cons: no cons whatsoever!

Pam Riley
Pam Riley

Wonderful food and great ambiance

Posted on 11 / 03 / 2013

Ate lunch here every day we were in CK (4X). Enjoyed every dish- love the burritos, you don't get pinto beans often in the Czech Republic. David, the owner, is delightful and genuinely eager to please. His English (and 4 other languages) is excellent. The view from the outside tables is fabulous and the mallard ducks swimming by on the river are lovely.

Pros: good variety of dishes, all are meatless, gorgeous views, friendly staff
Cons: none
Kris G
Kris G

Nice food with an amazing view

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2013

Restaurant is located by the river with a stunning view over the castle. Staff was very friendly and easy going but food was served as ordered and quickly. Maybe I would work on adding to the dish some extra twist to make them more exclusive but overall we were all happy with both meals and service.

Bunuelos
Bunuelos

lovely experience

Posted on 12 / 31 / 2012

We stayed in CK for 3 days and ate here 4 times, we managed to try almost every dish on the menu, I recommend getting the combination or using the half order option if you want to try as many dishes as possible.
Food wise I will give it a 4 star, but Overall considering their excellent friendly staff and atmosphere, I feel a five is well deserved.
Updated from previous review on Monday December 31, 2012

Pros: lovely atmosphere , friendly staff, good food
Cons: when busy, food can be slow to serve
rhiannon6
rhiannon6

Wonderful!

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2011

I was so happy to find a vegetarian restaurant in Český Krumlov. My friend and I were the first to arrive, and spent a wonderful sunny morning sat by the riverside sharing great food. We did not leave for over two hours as we were so content. By the time we left the place was pretty full. David was so kind to us, and even brought us over free desert and tea! He is very friendly, knowledgeable and speaks excellent English! Definitely worth a visit! Český Krumlov is a magical, beautiful place!

Pros: Healthy food, Great staff, Excellent location
Guest
Guest

one of the best parts of my trip

Posted on 01 / 01 / 2011

So happy to have found this place. My friends and I sat by the river and it was so beautiful. The view paired with our excellent food was just overwhelming. I got smoked tofu and a huge thing of veggies, hummus and pita bread. A friend of mine got something called 'dragons tongues' which were seitan im pretty sure.. anyway, they were delicious.

Pros: vegan options, great setting, delicious
cookster
cookster

Cesky Krumolv's

Posted on 11 / 24 / 2010

Český Krumlov is one of the best destinations outside of Prague in the Czech Republic, and it is lucky to have this vegetarian restaurant! The food was very tasty and they had a lot of options. The staff was friendly and very nice, if not a little wierd. I found the environment to be minimalist and pleasantly simple, while my girlfriend found it to be empty and bare, as if they had just moved in. I am sure it is much nicer in summer though when you can be outside. The price was right as well. If you are a vegetarian in Cesky Krumlov then this place is a must. I heard from a woman in a bookstore in Cesky Krumlov that it used to be better than it is now thuogh... but Even if you are not veg, this place will probably rank among other excellent dining experiences such as the traditional taverns. It did for me at least.

Pros: Food - wonderful, food arrived quickly, price was fair
Cons: decor - depending on your tastes
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

wonderful!

Posted on 01 / 02 / 2009

I was thrilled to find this place just down the road from our hotel. When the other tour group members went off to a meat-centered meal ("mixed grill"), I had a delicious dinner at Laibon. I arrived about 6 pm, when only another two people were dining, but it filled up by 8 pm. Had a nice conversation with the young man owner, who speaks excellent English. The restaurant is open year round and is not "ovo" vegetarian as the happycow description says; it is lacto, though. The menu is varied and full of starters, main dishes (including macrobiotic), side dishes, salads, desserts, non-alcoholic beverages, teas, draft beer. I had a dark, strong beer and a macrobiotic plate of bulgar, carrots, cabbage, tempeh, etc. Total cost: 178 Czech Koruna.

Pros: good value, varied menu, English-speaking owner
maryb
maryb

a highlight of our trip

Posted on 12 / 11 / 2008

went here for dinner and ate inside and then finished off the night sitting outside having drinks along the river looking up at the castle! such an amazing place to relax and enjoy the character of krumlov. went here again the next day for lunch, and ate in the sun along the river watching baby ducks playing. the service is very friendly and personable. there are many options to choose from, it was hard deciding what to order!

Pros: atmosphere, food, service
Emma and Mark
Emma and Mark

It's amazing what you can find in an alley way

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2008

Tasty food with good range of options, nice ambiance, good price and some great beer to top everything off.

Pros: Price, Food, Beer
Cons: Food could have been hotter, portions a bit small
andrea
andrea

Riverside Dining

Posted on 07 / 11 / 2008

Really casual, you can sit at a rustic table right next to the river and maybe even share it w/other tourists. We ate there twice. It was really good both times. We went back for the marinated soy, or w/e they called it. It was really good seitan. The other things we tried were nearly as good. Also, good beer at a fair price. Ask them not to salt the food, because the first time, it was super-salty, but the next night, I remembered to ask them not to salt it and it was way better. Our waiter was this fantastic guy with perfect English and smart opinions on American politics. Wow.

ObstfelderAdel
ObstfelderAdel

Super food, super view

Posted on 08 / 26 / 2007

We visited the restaurant a week ago, and we were very satisfied with the food. Staff speaks english, the garden has a beautiful view at the castle, and the price is very moderate. We will definitely go back.

Pros: friendly staff, nice and simple ambiente
greeninpink
greeninpink

The only choice, and the best choice

Posted on 09 / 26 / 2006

Laibon holds it down as the only veggie restaurant in Cesky Krumlov, and it does its job exceedingly well. The food is delicious, and I like that they include a lot of seasonal options on it. The only thing that tops the taste is the atmosphere... Its a small little place, super cozy, with a calming tea room. The owner is almost always there and they go out of there way to accomodate everyone who comes in. They also speak English well.

Pros: great location, abundant tea selection, reasonably priced
Cons: not a lot of seating
flamekat
flamekat

Oh yes

Posted on 09 / 16 / 2006

This place is great! And the staff is friendly. My friend and I ate here every day during out stay back in October 2005, and I'll definitely go back. There were lots of vegan options, and the food was really yummy and filling. Our waiter was super nice. Reopened the tea room for us our first night to show us around, and even got us in to see a concert in the old castle for free. I can't remember everything I had, but I liked it all. Of course, being the Czech Republic, any foreign cuisine that is traditionally spicy won't be, but it was still good.

Pros: Awesome Staff, Good value, Great Food
Miso Vegan
Miso Vegan

a great find

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2006

I went to Laibon several times before the flood. I haven't yet been back since then (hopefully next year - I'm so glad the flood didn't put them out of business!). Anyway, the indoor part is sort of cave-like (But it's *not* underground!) but we always managed to eat on the patio, which has a great view of the castle. You can canoe/kayak/swim right up to it ... Very good food, very good dessert. The service was friendly and knowledgeable each time.

Pros: Can do vegan, location, staff, prices

Dear Owner and Manager of Laibon: