Lady Marmalade

Serves meat, veg options available. Large portions of breakfast and lunch all day. Hipster atmosphere with local art on the walls. Try the tofu scramble (honey garlic with shiitaki mushrooms, chives and other veggies). Service notably slow. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Non-veg

First Review by OlyVeg
tlell
tlell

Terrible Service. Not vegan friendly.

1 Posted on 11 / 10 / 2013

I ordered the tofu scramble and was clear that I was vegan and gluten intolerant. My meal came with normal bread with butter on it. I sent it back mentioning both of those things. They then returned with gluten-free bread WITH butter on it again. I chose not to mention anything and just left it on the side.

Then the worst thing happened. Half way through eating the potato side I noticed a huge chunk of bacon in it :( :( :( Turns out they gave me the afternoon potatoes used for their poutine which contain bacon bits. I don't know how much bacon I consumed but as a dedicated vegan this was very disturbing to me. I told the waiter and got a free meal but I will not be returning.

Pros: colourful friendly environment
Cons: not vegan aware, uncareful kitchen and waiting staff
CLRtraveller
CLRtraveller

good scramble

4 Posted on 05 / 12 / 2013

Had the tofu scramble (April 2013 cost $11.95) and enjoyed it and took some home for leftovers. Attractively presented. Lots of greens in the scramble, maybe more than needed. Would like there to be more vegan choices. Service was pleasant.

Pros: plentiful meal, pleasant service
Cons: not enough vegan choices
Peacock41
Peacock41

Yummy Scramble!

4 Posted on 11 / 26 / 2012

Only vegan option on the menu is the Tofu Scramble, and it's delicious! (Just make sure to ask for no butter on your toast-we had to send ours back). The rest of the menu is very meat and cheese heavy.

Lek
Lek

Delightful

4 Posted on 08 / 07 / 2011

Friendly staff (usually).
Brilliant atmosphere.
Delicious food (but it is rumored to be not quite as whole as one might assume).
It's a bit of a fun adventure finding the loo.

OlyVeg
OlyVeg

Funky, healthy, and delicious

4 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2009

We had breakfast here on Saturday and really enjoyed the atmosphere and food. We both had the tofu scramble, which for me was a bit overly seasoned, but was still very delicious and satisfying. Odd that breakfast comes with a small salad, and also odd that I found the salad enjoyable with the breakfast! It also came with some seasoned roasted potatoes that were quite good, though slightly overdone.
When we arrived there were only two other tables with people so our food came pretty quickly. As we ate the place filled up quite a bit with probably 12 tables. Coffee kept coming and the wait staff was friendly and efficient. The toast was really hard, like it's supposed to be a dry crunchy bread, but it was beyond being the right kind of hard. Maybe because I didn't have butter on it, but most of it was too hard to bite and chew.
Price was a little high, but we were happy to have a very tasty vegan breakfast in a place with the kind of vibe we enjoy. We would go back again.

Pros: cool atmosphere, tasty food, good coffee
Cons: small vegan selection, little highly priced

Dear Owner and Manager of Lady Marmalade: