Lady Green BioVegan Restaurant

Bio vegetarian restaurant also known as Lady Green. Switched to fully veg in Jan 2013. Offers a fixed price menu, gluten free options, organic bread, green drinks, and herbal medicine service at request. Vegan options may be quite limited for the main course and dessert depending on the day. The menu changes weekly and can be checked on their Facebook page. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Organic, Spanish, Western, Mediterranean
11 Carrer de San Pau
Sitges, Spain 08870

First Review by JenniferKoukla
MrsBellerby
MrsBellerby

Definitely try it!

Posted on 08 / 23 / 2014

We ate here twice on our holiday, in order to try all the options! The first time, we were served by a young man who I would not rate very highly (I asked for the regional specialty bacardi with orange juice, having seen a bottle of bacardi at the bar and orange juice on the menu, and he replied "no" without any explanation) but the second time we were served by a very friendly lady on her very first day working there! She did not know answers to our questions, but instead of dismissing them, she went and checked. We had to remind her about a couple of missing items but I expect she will make a great waitress after a little experience.

To start we ordered the zucchini and avocado pesto spaghetti that wasn't spaghetti. This was delicious. The homemade bread was quite nice too.

We sampled four out of the five mains over the two trips. I would highly recommend the pakoras & curry which looked and tasted fantastic. To say it was coconut based, it was surprisingly spicy. I also enjoyed the vegetable tagine. A burger made from sesame seeds was new for me, and, while it was nice, I wouldn't order it again. The chips that accompanied it were very tasty though!

For dessert we ordered the New York cheesecake which was scrumptious, the chocolate and hazelnut tart which did not taste as good as it looked (I would call it nutella rather than chocolate) and the baked peach which was cold but quite nice.

The "green drink" juice concoction is interesting and worth trying if you like vegetable juices.

Although there is a bar in the restaurant, I think it is more for show than anything else because alcohols other than wine are not on the menu. After my disastrous bacardi ordering incident, on my second trip I ordered vermouth, having had great success in other bars and restaurants at finding it quite cheap and tasty. After a while it arrived, served neat over ice as the Spanish seem to like it, but to my horror I was charged eight euros for it - more than triple than anywhere else in the Barcelona region!

Pros: Excellent food, Nice vibe
Cons: Drink selection
JenniferKoukla
JenniferKoukla
  • herbivore

Delicious, inexpensive, friendly, healthy.

Posted on 01 / 03 / 2013

After a week of eating normal Spanish food with family, I was thrilled to find this place where I could return to my normal dietary habits. Service was very friendly and everything about the food and ambience was great. Very pleased that this place has gone vegetarian after being a combo place for a while. They had a strong Tripadvisor rating while under the name Lady Blues, and are keeping it up under a new name and healthier direction.

Dear Owner and Manager of Lady Green BioVegan Restaurant: