Food cart serving all vegan comfort food, made from scratch. Specializing in tamales, BLTs, chocolate chip waffles and ginger limeade. Check website for exact locations. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, Mexican, Take-out

• Cash only

First Review by starlyse
tauberl
tauberl

Amazing waffle and tempeh bacon!

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2014

This place has some of the best tempeh bacon I've ever had- so flavorful, not hard/dry at all, just delicious. I always get the chocolate chip waffle platter, which comes with the tempeh and potatoes, and all are so so good (waffle is light and fluffy, potatoes spiced and cooked just right). They also have a TLT that I keep meaning to try if I can ever pass up the waffle! As well as tamales, and sometimes scones or other baked goods. I've heard all are delicious. Definitely seek them out if you're in Madison, they are wonderful!

starlyse
starlyse

excellent tamales!

Posted on 09 / 08 / 2013

I've tried their tamales twice (the first time they were just so good!). They are delicious. I usually get them with a side of tempeh "bacon". My only criticism is that the dish is not visually interesting (all brown), but the flavors are spot on!
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 08, 2013

Pros: totally vegan, gluten free options, portion size
Cons: visually lackluster

Dear Owner and Manager of Ladonia Cafe: