Veggie restaurant serving mostly Thai food in addition to Western food. Faux meat dishes, rice and noodle dishes, curry, wraps and burgers, pancake, and more. Very small and simple set up, no air conditioning. As reported to HappyCow Aug 09, restaurant has switched from vegan to vegetarian. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Thai, American, Take-out, Delivery
4507 S Centinela Ave (Culver Blvd)
Los Angeles, California 90066

Vegtravel4
Vegtravel4

inexpensive and tasty

Posted on 11 / 21 / 2014

Favorite items are the deluxe breakfast, spicy beef salad, high protein salad, and spicy mint leaves. There are many "vegan Thai" places in LA, and I think this is one of the best, if not the best. The food is well prepared and the price is right. Also love the delivery! The deluxe breakfast is one of the best deals around.

Pros: price, taste, delivery
Chia
Chia

Vegan Thai food

Posted on 10 / 06 / 2013

I had read about this place on happycow when it first opened up years back, and have eaten here numerous times. Was just here in Oct 2013, and here's my LA Vegan review update.

My family has gotten take-out, delivery, as well dined-in. The restaurant is tiny with a handful of small tables for seating. We prefer to order delivery, because it's convenient for us.

The food is generally okay - saucey and flavorful like most of the Thai vegan places. Sometimes I like what I order; other times I find some things too salty or too oily. I usually like the tom yum kai soup and the green curry.

Unfortunately, my food this time around, this week, was pretty bad. The spicy fried rice was cooked with brown rice, and the rice was too hard to eat. I tried to chew as much as I could, but I got tired of doing that and just didn't eat the rest.

The fried spring rolls seemed thinner this time around, too. They were mostly skin with little filling. 4pcs for $5 was too much. I wouldn't have minded if the inside was actually filled.

My husband got the drunken noodle. You get flat rice noodle pan fried with veggies. It was very flavorful and tasty.

Suggestion for improvement: please cook the rice til it's softer and more edible.

Pros: fast service & delivery
Cons: some salty and oily, hard brown rice
Courtnichka
Courtnichka

Great Food

Posted on 05 / 30 / 2010

I am a frequent customer at LA Vegan. My favorite dishes are the Orange Chicken, Pineapple Fried Rice, Pad Thai, Sweet and Sour Seitan, Tom Yum soup, Deluxe breakfast, and kung pao tofu. So basically, the whole menu!
The staff there is great, they are very friendly and attentive. I highly recommend this place.

Pros: tasty, good value, variety
Cons: small space for dining

DLT
DLT

Go for lunch

Posted on 03 / 23 / 2010

This is my place for lunch. I like the Orange 'Chicken' -- oh, can't get enough of that sauce. I also like the Tom Kah Kai soup with the coconut milk and the tempeh wrap - oh, and the pancakes - oh, and the 'fish' and chips. I'm sure you'll find something you love on the menu. I can't get enough of this place. The people there are so nice.

Pros: Quiet place
Cons: Very small
pupa
pupa

LA Vegan sums it all

Posted on 03 / 22 / 2010

very cozy and clean, i like the atmosphere, but i can't imagine what is would be if it is full, only a few table in a small corner room. the staff is very nice, unobtrusive, yet helpful, fast and efficient, yet professional. i'd assume they are the owners. we loved the thai tea, great balance, not to creamy and classic herbaceous touch and not too sweet. the coconut soup was also great, even the mock meat inside was yummy, just a touch of lemon-grass and bamboo, and the broth aromatic and rich, great combinations of sweet and spicy flavors. we also had fish and chips, which i devoured, i don't think they were too greasy, just simple and delicious. we also ordered some stuffed mushroom special, which was kind of weird, i almost could not determine what it has, i'm sure it was mock meat and cheese, but pretty bland. i definitely did not like the green curry, but it was my first time for green curry, so i won't judge them on it.
overall i'd definitely go there again, i think the atmosphere and the friendly staff will draw us back, the food is hit or miss, but isn't that what dining is all about, the perfect bite when you least expect it.

Pros: friendly staff, coconut soup, atmosphere
Cons: ****
nardanddee
nardanddee

Drunken Noodles

Posted on 03 / 22 / 2010

I LOVE the Drunken Noodles. I had them with mock shrimp and thought it was excellent. Just the right amount of spice. The Mock Salmon Nori Rolls weren't as good. They have a great variety of items and even deliver.

Pros: great prices, good variety, deliver
Cons: only provided chopsticks, limitted parking, do not accept AMEX
lasquizee
lasquizee

Pretty Good

Posted on 12 / 10 / 2009

Another Thai Vegan restaurant. Food is pretty good. Not the best, but better than most. People working there are super friendly. My only complaint is that it's over priced for what it is. The food is not spectacular, yet they charge as if it is spectacular.

Steingold
Steingold

OK

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2008

This is vegan restaurant, the food is okay and they can prepare anything on the menu at any time of day.

Pros: large menu
Cons: limited parking
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Mostly a carry out / delivery place

Posted on 08 / 11 / 2008

There are only about 3 or 4 tables, but its a nice new clean place. Rumors are its pretty much a carbon copy of The Vegan Joint (better for dining in) but hey, nothing wrong with duplicating a good thing! I really pigged out and had the Vegan Salmon Nori rolls, Lentil Burger, Fries and No Udder Carrot Cake. All was really good. I don't think I'd go over The Vegan Joint, but hey they deliver and parking is sure a lot easier! Parking in the rear and no meters on the street! Friendly staff. If you live in the delivery radius definitely grab a menu and consider yourself LUCKY

Pros: DELIVERY
Cons: small
luvbunnies
luvbunnies

Yay. Another VEGAN choice, but needs tweaking.

Posted on 07 / 28 / 2008

I have been trying to find Vegan restaurants that will deliver to my area for the past eight months, and today I discoverd LA Vegan. I was of course delighted they would deliver even though I am .18 miles past their zone.
Without a menu online, I just took a gamble and assumed that they had an almost identical menu to many of the other vegan places in LA ie: The Vegan Join, California Vegan, Green Leaves, etc... They were friendly on the phone and the driver was very polite and it took less than 45 minutes.
I ordered the Seitan Wrap, should've listened to another reviewer about leaving out the sprouts, it was greasy and the bread a bit dry, othewise, it was o.k. The Hot Wings, were not soggy on the outside, which was a nice surprise as that's usually the case with delivered fried food, however, the inside was a bit mushy and too much sauce. Despite previous comments about small portions, I found them to be sufficient. The Vegetable Fried Rice, was a large serving, it would be quite yummy without all of the grease. And dessert, Cheezecake from "No Udder Desserts" was good. The driver did say they've only been open for 3 weeks. So I'm hoping they'll make some tweaks in their food preparation. Afterall, we can always use more VEGAN eateries, especially ones that deliver!

Pros: friendly staff, delivers, reasonable price
Cons: a bit greasy
hktusmtg
hktusmtg
  • non-vegetarian

Had pad thai & sow chicken wrap

Posted on 07 / 06 / 2008

I've had two dishes from LA Vegan; Pad Thai, and a Soy Chicken Wrap. Both were good, and I was very full. I plan on going back again soon.

bran
bran
  • raw

Thank God!

Posted on 07 / 04 / 2008

I visited this new place today for my birthday dinner. All I can say is Praise Jesus for yummy vegan grub in my hood! I typically frequent The Vegan Joint and California Vegan (which I think have the same owner), so I was thrilled to learn that LA Vegan had opened up within walking distance of my home. The staff was uber nice, the prices were way reasonable, and the food was excellent!!! I am a bit of a snob and can be very hard to please, but there was nothing that I did not like ( I say this with double negatives so as to stress my point). The duck salad was excellent, the seitan wrap was done very well with just the right amount of seasoning (I recommend no sprouts), the sushi was very believable, and the hot wings(while not as spicy as I would prefer) were extremely tasty! The interior is a bit on the small side, so I recommend coming early to avoid the dinner/lunch rush or get it to go/have it delivered. If you live in Venice, Mar Vista, or Marina Del Rey, and you want a tasty healthy meal that won't cause you to choose between eating and filling your gas tank, I highly recommend LA Vegan. Great spot for a date!!!!Go and be blessed!

Pros: Walking Distance for Marina/Mat Vista , Excellent Parking In Rear, Super Friendly Staff
  • Chia Chia

Your assumption about the restaurant owners for The Vegan Joint and California Vegan are wrong. They are different people. Almost all of the Thai vegan places in the greater LA area are owned by different people.

Nichapapa
Nichapapa

Yummy

Posted on 07 / 02 / 2008

I went there couple days ago, the food was fresh. I'd recommend the seaweed roll and the mock salmon roll. Also, my friend had the seitan wrap, comes along with Tahini sauce, yum yum.

Dear Owner and Manager of LA Vegan: