La Vaina

Gijón vegetarian restaurant offering interpretations of regional specialties. Price: Moderate more-less
Spanish/Asturian vegetarian
Calle de Cervantes 20
Gijon, Spain 33206
n/a

Open Tue-Sat 12.00-16.00 and Mon-Sat 20.00-late.

• Cash only

First Review by veggiesara
dan1690
dan1690

Fantastic

5 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2014

I drove a long way from another city to find this restaurant as it was the only veg place within that area. I went there 2 days in a row and had their Brugers, Hot dogs and deserts and all I can say is that it was a huge pleasure to discover this place. Great food and very nice staff!!

Pros: Fair trade/ethical coffee, Lovely food, Fairtrade/ethical choclate
veggiesara
veggiesara

Nice little vegetarian restaurant

4 Posted on 07 / 31 / 2011

La Vaina is situated in the beautiful town of Gijon. It's quite small but if you go early (around 8pm is early in Spain) there's definitely enough room. We ate some delicious croquettes from mushroom and walnuts as an appetizer, followed by a veggieburger (seaweed + tofu) accompanied by a salad and fries. As a dessert we ordered the crêpes with chocolate-orangesauce. I really liked all of the food, specially because it is really hard to find some decent veggie food in Spain! I think the orange in the crêpessauce was a little bit overwhelming but nevertheless very good. The prices were very reasonable, I think it was 8€ for the veggieburger/salad/fries. The only bad thing I can say about it is that the food more snack-like, and the men needed to order two portions of our main course.
If you ever visit Gijon be sure to visit this nice little place with a very helpful staff (they helped out where they could in English)!

Pros: good food, friendly staff, clean
Cons: snacks

Dear Owner and Manager of La Vaina: